• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

CCX - City Chic Collective

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by System, Sep 10, 2010.

1. System

System Administrator

Specialty Fashion Group Limited (SFH), formerly Miller's Retail Limited (MRL), is a specialty fashion multi-branded women's apparel retailer and brand owner, tailored mostly to women of various ages and sizes. The company operates the Millers, Crossroads, Katies, Autograph, City Chic, and Queenspark branded stores. Most stores are located on the Eastern seaboard, with the rest throughout Australia and NZ. Its strategy is to focus on the value end of the market. The company increased the net number of stores by 30 in 2009 to a total of 843 stores.

http://www.specialtyfashiongroup.com.au

2. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Remember Miller's Retail (now Specialty Fashion Group)? Well, after sinking from around $1.20 in April 2013 to 10c in December 2017, it appears to be staging a bit of a turnaround.

I'm pretty skeptical of bricks and mortar retail, so I won't be getting involved, but Specialty Fashion Group managed to make some good ground last week while global financial markets were in turmoil.

Whether this is the beginning of a real turnaround or just another blip on its long term downward slide remains to be seen.

screenshot-shareinvesting.anz.com-2018-02-12-08-52-52.png

3. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Specialty Fashion Group up today on news that it is selling off some of its brands as part of a structural review. An offer has been received by Anchorage Capital Partners for the acquisition of City Chic and Autograph for A$100 million in cash.

The market is seeing this news as a good thing and has pushed up SFH's share price 17.61% to 41.7c.

I suppose cash is better than a struggling bricks and mortar retail brand. Women's fashion is a pretty cutthroat market. A$100 sounds like a reasonable enough deal. If it goes through.

4. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Specialty Fashion Group has concluded its structural review and will be retaining its profitable City Chic business and selling its Millers, Katies, Crossroads, Autograph and Rivers businesses to Noni B Limited for $31 million in cash.

The SFH share price has spiked higher on the news and is currently trading at 56.5c, up 48.68% on Friday's close of 38c. There appears to be some resistance at 65c, so it will be interesting to see whether or not it will be able to break through that level and head higher in the short term.

big.chart-SFH.gif

5. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Specialty Fashion Group continues to outperform. SFH would have to be the best performing retail stock of 2018.

big.chart-SFH.gif

6. System

System Administrator

On November 27th, 2018, Specialty Fashion Group Limited (SFH) changed its name and ASX code to City Chic Collective Limited (CCX).

7. Ann

Ann

I drew this chart from 2004. I really like long term charts. There is a kind of truth about them. If I said they speak to me, that would sound wierd. I am dyslexic, so therefore I am wierd. :)

This is interesting Joe. To me it looks like a real company. The long term view seems reliable (chart view). (It doesn't look like a pump and dump). However when I put 'ASX CCX' into google search, I get no chart. It just may be there is a transition period. I am wondering if it is a classy pump and dump as most of the other pump and dump charts look seriously suss with a familiar pattern but not this one.
    I may just be suffering from a conspiracy theory overload. Anyhow, whatever, here is the chart with no comment, because I can't at the moment (face smash). However I see $1.24 as the support line. I have drawn higher support/resistance lines on the way up. The PVI is off its face but not in a way I get excited about. More like a pump and dump PVI. There are certainly volumes associated with this chart. Perhaps tech/a can elaborate if he is around and sees this post.
    Chart, no comment, no prediction, simply lines of support/resistance. Decide on your own entry/ exit levels.

Trav. likes this.
  8. Ann

Ann

Bugger, forgot the chart.

ccx nov 18.png

9. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

A solid 1H FY19 financial result for CCX has resulted in the share price gapping up to be currently trading at $1.35, up 28.6% on yesterday's close. Here are the highlights:

screenshot-stocknessmonster.com-2019.02.14-12-52-51.png

A surprising result given the challenging bricks and mortar retail landscape. Looks like it might be ready to challenge that previous high of $1.455 in the short term.

big.chart-CCX.gif

tinhat likes this.
  10. jjbinks

jjbinks

CCX continuing to look good breaking through those highs from october!
    upload_2019-3-14_20-33-6.png

Smurf1976 likes this.
  11. Zaxon

Zaxon The voice of reason

It's been added to the All Ordinaries. I'm not aware of any index fund that tracks that broad an index, but it should slightly increase its exposure.

jjbinks likes this.