Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CBE - Cobre Limited

Reactions
Cobre Limited is an Australian based and focused exploration company seeking to create shareholder value through the successful exploration of base metal projects. Advancement of the Company’s recent high grade copper and zinc Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide (VMS) results at the Perrinvale Project, which is located between Menzies and Sandstone in Western Australia, is the Company's initial priority.

Cobre has secured a cornerstone investment from AIM-listed Metal Tiger (LON: MTR) for a minimum of $2,000,000, following a technical due diligence process which was conducted by Metal Tiger in respect of the Perrinvale Project. It is expected that Metal Tiger will hold between 17.92% and 19.99% of the total Shares on issue upon Admission.

In addition to the Perrinvale Project, Cobre has secured an earn-in joint venture opportunity in the Sandiman Tenement, located in the Upper Gascoyne region of Western Australia, which, based on preliminary results, may have potential sediment hosted and VMS base metal deposits. The Company's intended systematic approach towards exploration activities and unlocking potential deposits will be the Company's focus moving forward.

It is anticipated that CBE will list on the ASX during January 2020.

http://www.cobre.com.au

greggles

I'll be back!
Reactions
Significant copper discovery at CBE's Ngami Copper Project in Botswana is sending its share price much higher today. CBE has had a terrible run since listing, falling from a high of 28c at the start of 2021 to a low of 2c at the end of June this year.

Today the share price is back over 10c. Beginning of a turnaround?

CBE270722.png

Dona Ferentes

I'm moderate
Reactions
Probably a bit of Corporate activity to go, yet. Must have been some capital coming in somewhere along the line, when the WA direction fell away and Botswana became the new focus. Also new MD and exploration team now in place.

By April 2022 : Cobre held a 51% ownership interest in KML, via its wholly owned subsidiary, Cobre Kalahari Pty Ltd.
Under the terms of the Transaction:
• Cobre (or its nominee) will initially acquire 24.5% of the shares in KML from Metal Tiger (increasing its interest to 75.5%) for a total cash consideration of GBP £750,000; and
• Metal Tiger will grant Cobre a call option for it (or its nominee) to acquire the remaining 24.5% of shares in KML, exercisable for either GBP £750,000 cash or the equivalent in Cobre shares, for a period of 12 months after completion of the Initial Acquisition (Call Option), providing Cobre a pathway to 100% ownership of KML.
  • Metal Tiger is a substantial holder of the Company and currently holds approximately 21.0% of the issued shares in Cobre.
  • Cobre proposes to fund the Initial Acquisition using its available cash reserves.

greggles

I'll be back!
Reactions
A little mysterious that a Trading Halt should come the day after yesterday's announcement with the following explanation:

Cobre Limited (ASX: CBE, Cobre or Company) hereby requests a trading halt in its securities from the ASX effective immediately pending the release of an announcement with respect to material drilling results at the Ngami Copper Project in the Kalahari Copper Belt in Botswana.

More results? Something else?

Reactions
A little mysterious that a Trading Halt should come the day after yesterday's announcement with the following explanation: More results? Something else?

As always "Uncle" Greggles ..... we should all pay attention to your musings :wideyed:

One of the many "observations" you have made over the last few years that were very astute, and potentially lucrative.

It was there to be seen. You saw it. Myself and many others likely did not listen to your "observation"

Hats off from me, yet again! :cool:

Reactions
ps On a more basic level of analysis

CBE ... approx $25M Market Cap

Approx $2.7M in the bank

Gut feel (given I missed the first pump, lol):(

If there is "truth" in the rise .... accumulate on the retrace is one potential strategy;)

pps Disclaimer; I have not personally done any research on the fundamentals of the "first pump"

But big wide range bars on high Volume always mean something, one way or another

In my experience however, wide range high V bars off extended lows indicate

Some/lots of appropriate caution should be employed before betting the "house" :oops:

And accumulation on the following retracements is often a more appropriate strategy.

ppps If it keeps running, after an extended low reversal, without absolute "stellar" news ..

Something is likely not right:sick:

Reactions
From their announcement today.

"Drill hole 14-16a intersected
vein hosted chalcocite mineralisation on the contact, returning assay results of 2m @ 1.8% Cu and 8 g/t Ag. The first hole in the programme, NCP07, returned significantly better results than TRDH14-16a, intersecting a broad zone of copper mineralisation2 suggesting that mineralisation increases along the contact to the southwest. This has now been further validated with hole NCP08."

"The width and concentration of sulphide mineralisation intersected is comparable to discovery elsewhere in the KCB."

Botswana.

I'm not going to give my full opinion on it.
Without firmed up results/ infill success, it's all a bit lackadaisical for me. P&D?

Reactions
ADDITIONAL SIGNIFICANT COPPER INTERSECTION EXTENDS MINERALISATION A FURTHER 1 KM TO THE NORTHEAST, NGAMI COPPER PROJECT

Fourth diamond drill hole intersects further copper mineralisation extending the target
footprint to over 4km.

No comment. Not held.
🤯

Screenshot_20220817-012728.png

greggles

I'll be back!
Reactions
CBE's Five Exploration Licenses have been renewed by the Department of Mines in Botswana for an additional two years, allowing the company to pursue their aggressive exploration program.

CBE up 18.64% to 35c today following the news.

CBE180822.png