• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

CBA options trading

Discussion in 'Derivatives' started by chrisguy, Nov 12, 2014.

1. chrisguy

chrisguy

2. Student of Gann

Student of Gann

CBA 26th April 75.50 Top nice spot for a put option . Main Trend could run down into Friday 21st or Monday 24th May.

3. Value Collector

Value Collector Have courage, and be kind.

Are you talking about buying or selling that put?

4. Sharkman

Sharkman

what are the implied vols looking like? and the skew between ATM and 25'ish delta puts?

i haven't been watching the market for the last few weeks, been rather busy at work, so i don't have any open option positions right now. but i'd be hesitant to go short at this point. inflation reading was stagnant this week, high yielding stocks including the banks could catch a bid in the next 2 weeks if the RBA starts sounding more dovish, even if they don't drop the benchmark rate.

if you did want to go short though, i agree that long gamma is probably the way to go at this point. but with the other 3 big banks reporting half yearly results in the next week or so, those results may be used as a proxy for CBA, so i'd expect implied vols to be elevated (but as mentioned, haven't been watching the market lately). vertical put spread might be the better bet if they are.

cutz likes this.
  5. Student of Gann

Student of Gann

7th - 8th May should be minor bottom . Will post some price levels soon.

6. Student of Gann

Student of Gann

Another good opportunity to go short at 75.50 10.50AM

7. cutz

cutz

I take it you're looking at buying puts, not my cup of tea but IV's seem pretty low at 50% delta, not much of a skew at 75% , I'll be more inclined to backspread therefore keeping a credit if I'm wrong, the downside of course is less accumulation of deltas one the way down, move needs to be aggressive pushing through both strikes and more.