• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

BYND - Beyond Meat Inc. (NASDAQ)

Discussion in 'International Markets' started by Value Collector, May 3, 2019.

1. Value Collector

Value Collector

Beyond Meat has listed on the NYSE.

Beyond produces plant based meat alternatives that look, feel and taste like real beef burgers, sausages and chicken products.

Their sales have been growing rapidly in recent years, and they are spreading around the globe.

Even large chains like Burger King in the USA have begun serving their burger patties on new “vegan whoppers”.

2. Value Collector

Value Collector

1C1BC548-E513-4B0C-938C-7E5D65C65766.jpeg B1F7ECCF-B5D3-46FD-9B3A-6C6A6B2DA4B3.jpeg I have personally eaten their burgers quite a few times.

Grill’d is now serving the beyond burger, I had one 2 nights ago, and it was great.

3. Value Collector

Value Collector

4. Value Collector

Value Collector

I just bought some shares in the company, just a token investment of $500 USD, 7 shares in total @$69.83.

At least now I will feel even better when I eat burgers, hahaha.

I haven’t done nearly enough research to commit a proper amount, but I thought since I like the products, and feel strongly that this is a major growth business, in was worth atleast a token investment while I do further research and wait for the USD/AUD exchange rate to improve so that I can get more USD’s into my account.

Knobby22 likes this.
  5. Ann

Ann

Beyond Meats has received venture funding from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (major silicon valley venture capitalists), Obvious Corporation(owned by Twitter), Bill Gates, Biz Stone(co-founded Twitter), the Humane Society and Tyson Foods(The world's second largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and pork after JBS S.A. and annually exports the largest percentage of beef out of the United States.)

[​IMG]

Beyond Meat CEO reveals his plan to convince meat eaters to eat vegan substitutes following the company's explosive IPO

6. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

That CEO is getting a lot of sun damage.
    Silly little baseball cap is not doing much. Needs an Akubra or similar.:playful:

7. Ann

Ann

Sounds like an early backer is planning on going into competition with BM....

Tyson Readies Alternative-Meat Debut After Exiting Beyond

By the end of the year, Tyson Foods Inc.’s new alternative-meat product could already be a major player in the U.S., perhaps giving the likes of the Beyond Burger and the Impossible Burger a run for their money.

Tyson is preparing to introduce meatless protein products on a limited basis around the middle of the year and on a much larger scale soon after that, Chief Executive Officer Noel White told analysts on an earnings call Monday. More...

8. Ann

Ann

Beyond Meat’s Valuation Is ‘Absurd,’ Says Stock’s First Short

Now that Beyond Meat Inc. has soared about 225 percent since going public last week -- and saw the strongest first day of trading for an IPO since the 2008 financial crisis -- the first skeptics on Wall Street are coming out with guns blazing.

The valuation has become "absurd" and the stock should pull back soon, according to Atlanta-based Harrington Alpha Fund founder Bruce Cox. His newly launched long/short fund initiated a short position in the stock on Wednesday, the first fund manager to go on record as questioning Beyond Meat’s runup. More...

Burger Joints Cash In on Faux-Meat Mania as Shares Surge

It may be a bit early in the trend, but faux meat may be the next fintech, or even marijuana. Especially if it comes smothered in Havarti cheese, beer onions, waffle sweet potato fries and smoked ketchup.

Hooters operator Chanticleer Holdings Inc., which also owns and runs restaurants under the American Burger Company, BGR – Burgers Grilled Right, Little Big Burger and Just Fresh brands, announced a partnership with Beyond Meat Inc. Wednesday, and said 50 plus individual store locations would start designing and offering their own unique burgers. More...

9. Ann

Ann

For anyone wondering what is in it....

The Beyond Burger: pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, water, yeast extract, maltodextrin, natural flavors, gum arabic, sunflower oil, salt, succinic acid, acetic acid, non-GMO modified food starch, cellulose from bamboo, methylcellulose, potato starch, beet juice extract (for color), ascorbic acid (to maintain color), annatto extract (for color), citrus fruit extract (to maintain quality), vegetable glycerin.

Knobby22 likes this.