Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

BRS - Broadspectrum Limited

Reactions
Another stock for discussion. I bought at $7.47.
Short-term trade intended.
Criticisms, opinions etc for discussion on this one.

Reactions
Re: TSE - Transfield

No, I have not looked at this one, but I shall tomorrow.
Cheers,
Peter

Reactions

michael_selway said:
its ok but i prefer Worley Parsons WOR, as they are more global, thus more potential, what do u think? thanks
Michael welcome to the forum,

It is good to see someone answering these posts. I believe this stock is solid and fundamentally sound. It has been sold off lately for no apparent reason. It was dropping before the sell offs of the past two weeks and now presents good buying.

I don't know much about worley parsons but have watched it. What is their international exposure?

Cheers
Snake

Reactions

These guys are putting in fibre optics past my place (woohoo! no more dial up!) Seems they are taking over telstra's dirty work. Anyone know anything about how big their contracts are in regard to this.

Reactions

Milk Man said:
These guys are putting in fibre optics past my place (woohoo! no more dial up!) Seems they are taking over telstra's dirty work. Anyone know anything about how big their contracts are in regard to this.
Telstra is one of their big contracts.

Cheers
Snake

Reactions
TSE - Transfield Services

Can someone please tell me why the action is stuck @ $8.60?? Has it something to do with the XD?? Thanking you.

Scratch

Julia

In Memoriam
Reactions
Re: TSE - Transfield Services

One analyst has just today upgraded TSE to a Buy so there might be some more movement.

Julia

Reactions

Julia, I have since found out that TSE requested its price suspended until tomorrow. Wonder what is happening??

Scratch

Reactions

Good morning,

What happened .... no, make that why!!

I had shorted TSE @$8.63 with 3000 CFDs. Bought back at $8.10 this morning but still have no idea why it happened. There was a message on the ASX announcements re a $$$ raising but can't open it. Will take the $$$s and run.

Scratch

Reactions
TSE - transfield

Where did I go wrong?

This morning when I read the news, Transfield (TSE) is making
a bid for GRD. I thought that would be a good thing
as it is acquiring a resource contracting and development company
involved in construction services among others.

Stocks closed 4.53% lower for TSE and GRD was up by 18.57%.

I thought that was good news but how come TSE closed lower? :confused:

well, didn't buy a lot since i just started but ... want to learn!

Thanks.

UPKA

Let the money work for you!
Reactions
Re: TSE - transfield

Where did I go wrong?

This morning when I read the news, Transfield (TSE) is making
a bid for GRD. I thought that would be a good thing
as it is acquiring a resource contracting and development company
involved in construction services among others.

Stocks closed 4.53% lower for TSE and GRD was up by 18.57%.

I thought that was good news but how come TSE closed lower? :confused:

well, didn't buy a lot since i just started but ... want to learn!

Thanks.

Usually when a takeover happens, the company thats been takenover will go up in value due to the premium paid to aquire it, bt it will have lil effect on the SP of the company thats doing the takeover .

Reactions

yes. The paladin takeover of summit is a prime example. summits price went through the roof while PDN dropped. A takeover can be a risky move for a company with potential legal problems, a failing of the takeover or dilution of shares (none of which are good for the buyer). This increased risk is generally why the share price does not rise. Having said that once the deal is done usually there will be a rerating of the stock. That is unless it has paid too much. I think its a good move for TSE to aquire GRD. I particually like GRDs waste management assets.

Reactions

Thanks for the inputs. Appreciate it. When the announcement was made, TSE went down from 11 to 10.8, now it is up to 11.7. I guess the effect of the news has subsided.

:)

Reactions

What's going on with this stock :confused:

The last post was back in July 2007 when TSE was trading at around the $11 mark. It's now 2010 and it closed today at $3.40. Did a few people still holding from 2007 get burnt :banghead:?

Morningstar's research is valuing it at $4.30, but just wondering if anyone is actually still following this stock and what you think the future holds for Transfield Services?

Cheers,

And yes I hold TSE, brought in 2009 at $2.28

Reactions

There's a lot of history here since TSE was trading around $11 but briefly, they took a big currency/borrowing hit in respect of their USA business, had to re-finance via a heavily discounted and dilutive cash issue and have been working their way back since then.

There's not cheap at an historical P/E of around 19 but a pretty solid investment IMO.

I don't hold but did ok with a short term trade during the recapitalisation period.

Reactions

any 2012 views on this?

1.74 nowadays...perhaps a bounce to $2 in order but will likely top out there?