• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

BRG - Breville Group

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by System, Jun 7, 2011.

1. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Another good result today. FY18 results were announced and beat expectations.

Revenue grew 7.7% to $652.3 million while EBITDA grew 11.6% to $100.2 million. Net profit after tax was $58.5 million, up 8.7% from the previous year. The company declared a final dividend of 16.5c per share, 60% franked, bringing the total dividend to 33c per share, 60% franked, an increase of 8.2%.

The BRG share price finished the day at $13.10, up 12.54%.

big.chart-BRG.gif

2. galumay

galumay learner

I sold out earlier in the year, price got too far ahead of my range of intrinsic value so I followed my strategy and sold. Its certainly a solid business!

3. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Impressive Half Year Ended 31 December 2018 financial result for BRG. After declining from $14 to around $10.25 in the last four months of 2018, the BRG share price has spiked again and is now trading at $14.22, up 19.10% on yesterday's close and currently at all-time highs.

screenshot-stocknessmonster.com-2019.02.14-11-56-22.png

big.chart-BRG.gif

4. finicky

finicky

Discretionary spending Armageddon!
    Continuing expansion into Europe - revenue there up.60%
    Able to spend more on marketing and R&D which is allocated as % of net sales

Disc: not held

Breville Group Limited (BRG) Results
    Half year ended 31 December 2019

Revenue increase of 25.4% to $552.0m

EBIT2 increase of 15.6% to $72.0m

Interim dividend increased to 20.5 cps (60% franked)

• Pleasing first half results with strong revenue growth, continued successful geographic
    expansion, double-digit EBIT growth and a normal seasonal pattern to cashflow
    • Double-digit revenue growth in all regions and categories in the Global Product segment, with
    revenue growing +20.3% in constant currency
    • Continued double-digit EBIT growth, +15.6% pa on a comparable basis (excluding AASB 16
    impact)
    • EBIT margin2 at 13.0% primarily reflects the dilutive effect of strong USD, and, partially, higher
    growth in our lower margin Distribution segment, and partially the net impact of tariffs in the USA
    • NPAT increase of +14.1%
    • Normal seasonal cashflow with peak receivables following holiday season sales
    ROE of 22.6% showing continuing strong return on organic growth investments
    • Interim dividend of 20.5 cents per share (+10.8%), 60% franked, has been declared

5. galumay

galumay learner

One I should not have sold, i thought its price had run too far ahead of range of fair value and sold at $11 a couple of years ago. I should have realised that my valuation was out of date and better understood the drivers of the business. Lesson learnt, I hope!

6. finicky

finicky

Someone on a forum a year or two ago, maybe whimsically, described this as the CSL of kitchen appliances.
    I've wanted to add it for a long time but seemed a bit pricey to me too.

galumay likes this.