• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

BLM spread caused Melbourne COVID-19 clusters

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Klogg, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Klogg

Klogg

2. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

It's also about time that city planners realise that high density housing exacerbates the spread of disease.

Time to stop the population expansion Ponzi scheme.

3. Klogg

Klogg

It's hard to argue that 40 year old housing spreading a pandemic is something the government should have considered.

Who designs their cities with a pandemic at front of mind?

4. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

Well, they should now.

qldfrog likes this.
  5. Klogg

Klogg

I still don't think they should.

Designing a city primarily for a 1-in-100 year event is a little misguided.

You could argue mental health impacts are too great with current designs. But that's a different argument

6. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

What makes you think it's a 1:100 year event. ?

Swine flu, bird flu, now covid and what next ?

All spread by human contact and the higher the pop density the faster it spreads.

It's not rocket science.

Garpal Gumnut and qldfrog like this.
  7. Klogg

Klogg

Please link me to your post where you argued we should design cities around pandemics after the Swine flu or bird flu outbreaks...

8. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

You have already read it ! If the virus situation is getting worse, population density is a factor in the spread .

Agree or not ?

Should we ignore that ?

9. rederob

rederob

Protests occurred across Australia.
    What is your point?
    Is there evidence these people spread COV19 to other protesters?
    Is there evidence that these people were the original spreaders?
    Is there evidence these people caused any further spread?
    If you are going to resurrect old news, try adding some sense to whatever it is you think your are showing.

10. Klogg

Klogg

This morning, VIC health authorities confirmed spread by the BLM protests to a COVD cluster of over 240 cases. Genomic evidence, not speculation.

I'm simply posting news and generating discussion. You know, using forums as they're intended.

11. Klogg

Klogg

I mean before the COVID-19 outbreaks.

If your argument is we should have designed cities around Swine flu or Bird flu, then where was your argument for it.
    Or is this an emotional response to the pandemic in your state of fear?

12. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

I was referring to "from this point on", and yes I agree that before covid and other viruses pop density wasn't a factor in city planning, I'm saying that it should be from now on.

I hope that answers your question.

13. rederob

rederob

Really?
    Here's the link to the Department's website.
    Where is this information you talk about?
    Here's something to ponder, seeing you did not answer a single question I asked:
    ... Victorian chief health officer Brett Sutton said the protests had not contributed to a rise in cases around Melbourne.
    "I don't think the Black Lives Matter protest has contributed. We're not seeing people who've clearly acquired it there," he said.

Are you spreading "fake news?"

14. sptrawler

sptrawler

We would like it, if you would only post comments like that, in relation to Trump rallies.:xyxthumbs
    or I suppose you could use a news report:
    Meanwhile, Victorian health authorities have confirmed links between coronavirus cases in Black Lives Matter protests and a cluster of at least 242 cases in Melbourne’s public housing towers.
    The state’s Department of Health and Human Services refused to say whether members of the public housing cluster, which now includes the protesters, reside in the inner northwest towers. They also said they’re yet to establish the source of any of the interlinked clusters.

Victoria’s chief health officer Brett Sutton has said the protest hasn’t played a significant role in the state’s surging virus infections.

I guess the truth will have to be told eventually, all those housing blocks shut down, couldn't be related to naughty guards in a hotel, could they?:D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  15. Tink

Tink

Who organised the protest?

Were they fined?

16. sptrawler

sptrawler

I guess you can't fine someone, if the Government gave it the o.k to proceed, if the Government stated the rally wasn't to proceed then it would be a different matter.

17. moXJO

moXJO menace to society

Having that many people together was a stupid idea. Firstly we had just starting easing the lock downs. There was still a huge risk. This thing spreads very easily.

Secondly everyone else thought "Well it must be ok now if that many people can get together".
    The organisers were pushing an agenda with total disregard for the community they were apparently fighting for.

spooly74 and wayneL like this.
  18. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

Meanwhile, my local pub was closed (as a catch all analogy to many local social activities).

Almost all of my clients were prevented from poncing around on their horses, in the daylight, more than fulfilling social distancing guidelines as the Marxist tw@ts sprayed invective spittle over all and sundry, having the blessing of our spineless politicians.

Anyone supporting that crap, well just **** the lot of you, you are objectively imbeciles.

UMike and spooly74 like this.
  19. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Any chance you can post the full article ? Cheers.

20. johenmo

johenmo

Or maybe not. Misreported by the Australian?

"Victorian health officials have refuted claims there is a link between the Black Lives Matter protest and a coronavirus outbreak in Melbourne’s public housing towers.

The Australian reported on Tuesday authorities that two people who attended the protests more than a month ago were part of the cluster.
    However, in a statement to 7NEWS.com.au, the Department of Health and Human Services said there was no evidence linking the two.

“We are aware of six confirmed cases who attended the Black Lives Matter protest. Currently there is no evidence to suggest they acquired the virus from the protest,” a spokesperson said."

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...test-as-victoria-records-more-cases-c-1166823

PZ99 likes this.