• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

BKY - Berkeley Energia

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by chansw, Jul 3, 2005.

1. chansw

chansw

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this stock? It went up 54.5% on Friday. Thanks in advance.

2. krisbarry

krisbarry

Re: Berkeley Resources (BKY)

Total share allocation is very low, hence the 54.5% gain on Friday, following the Uranium annoucement. This stock will move very quickly.

DISCLAMER... (JUST TO COVER MY ARSE).....I DO NOT HOLD BKY

3. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

Re: BKY - Berkeley Resources

Have been waiting to make a move on this Uranium Company for a few weeks now, catalyst for me to move was today so here goes,

I have to be quick cause I'm in a rush,

75m shares fully diluted @ $1 = $75m Mkt Cap

Operating In Spain, has full backing from Spanish government,

Has about 30m lbs Uranium non JORC as was calculated by previous drilling,

Now has a JV with a huge Canadian Company Areva NC who has extensively explored spain, BKY has given Areva a holding equivalent to 6% of its capital, with options which if exercised = 14% of the companies total capital,

Catalyst this morning was a Candian group lodged a substantial holding Statement, they own 6% of the company,

My thoughts Take Over offer is coming, either the Candain group has links to Areva = 20% of its fully diluted capitl, or its another Candaian MAJOR WHO WANTS A PIECE OF THE ACTION,

A fair takeover value would be around $5 lb Uranium as there are nect to no restrictions ie unlike say NEL in W.A.,

30m lbs @ $5 lb = $150m = $2 per BKY

Note this is my opinion only and it is a very spec one at that, however I feel some of you have believed me in the past and benefited so take a look

4. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

No one else here interested?

Well that Canadian company bought 6% of the issued capital, around 4m shares at an avg price of 85c, thats at least $3m, So they seem very bullish,

I still like MTN, but I think BKY also has huge potential, 30m lbs of Uranium, with huge scope to increase,

Remember PDN trades @ $25 ev per lb, BKY is currently @ $2.50 per lb, even companies like EME and NEL are @ $5 per lb uranium,

Minimum upside for this Spanish operator is 100%

With scope for 1000% if and when they get into production,

Keep an eye on it

5. laurie

laurie

Yep jumped on at .24c very happy chappy :D this has gotten under most radars! will be around $1.4 within a month and possibly more with positive ann

lol got the same response on other forums their loss our gain YT

cheers laurie

6. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

wow lauire you did well,

I watched the stock on and off for the last few months, noting that it had the second lowest EV per lb Uranium, so I prefered to buy Marathon but knew I always wanted a piece of BKY as well, I am angry with myself for not buying last week when the stock was 60c but this Canadian group thats been buying like a rabid mongrel, has caused the surge and now so I wasn't prepared to wait any longer, I jumped on buying 15,000 @ $1, so not a lot, shame I would have bought so much more @ 60c,

I think this stock has the biggest chance to be the next PDN, its one of only a few operating outside of Australia, others include OMC in Zimbabawe, UNX in Tanzania, and EXT and BMN in Nambia, but BKY is a clear standout favourite when compared with these,

It clearly has the best chance of being the next PDN, very few companies on the ASX have deposits of 30m lbs Uranium, with scope for more.

I hold MTN and BKY, long live the Uranium Era!

7. nizar

nizar

Yes i been watching OMC for ages and jumped on 3-4 weeks ago....

BKY, ur right laurie got under most radars, definately got under mine...

Had a quick look through their announcements, and i didnt see 30million Lb mentioned anywhere... YT where did u get this info from...

Do they have a JORC resource? and WHen does production start?

Thanks if u can answer the above it will be great...

OMC have 12million lb uranium JORC resource and production to start september 2007 at maybe 1.5million Lb a year... but heaps of upside potential plenty of drilling in the process to increase that resource especially with U prices $50 soon...

Laurie u really seem to be on a roll on the moment, probably the "dogs" in ur portfolio only up by 50%... thinking of retiring next week? :D

But market cap of BKY only $60mil similar to OMC $50mil.... so im very interested in this one....

8. michael_selway

michael_selway Coal & Phosphate, thats it!

nice, hey what do u think of UNX now with the LOI

http://smh.com.au/news/BUSINESS/Ura...as-uranium-body/2006/04/04/1143916506018.html

thx

MS

9. laurie

laurie

Nizar
    Am retired already this is just a hobby I just keep selling the so called dogs to top up the Movers :xyxthumbs

cheers laurie

10. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

Hi chaps, just a few quick comments,

Firstly BKY will probably have close to 90m shares on issue, including options, placement to JV Uranium Major and Unlisted stock etc

Also OMC has about 110m+ in fully diluted stock, you must count unlisted in the money options when doing this,

BKY is in Spain, a European nation that uses Uranium and Nuclear Power to some extent, its JV Uranium Major Areva, heavily explored Spain and hence was keen to take stake in company, provides good Take Over opportunity + givves heaps of on ground technical and financial assistance, if you also check ann, they have 4 deposits in Spain, with non jorc resource estimates based on previous drilling of between 7m - 10m lbs each, totalling 30m lbs amongst the lot, finally BKY has strong backing from London and Swiss Investment Firms as well as an undisclosed Canadian group who have been hoarding lately at 85c

OMC is in Zambia, which I'm not too comfortable with, they need to get some JV's going if they are seriuos about quick development,

UNX has deposits in W.A. (forget about them for now) and ground in Tanzania, and a LOI with a Chinese Firm,

You guys can add supprot for OMC and UNX but I think the weight of support goes towards BKY and its Spanish operations, it is in an Advanced stage and I think has the best chance of getting off the ground next, p.s. I'm a bit wary of South Africa for Uranium after BMN and RTM got refused licences in Nambia,

Good luck peeps,

11. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

Sorry make that 140m shares for OMC fully diluted,

So OMC With 11m lbs of low grade Uranium ie 200 ppm cut-off

= an EV of $6.50 per lb, so fair value at present until they manage to get

1. Increased Resource

2. A Major Uranium Company on their side to help fast track development

3. A major Finance Group behind them.

Anyone can say we'll be minning by 2007, lets see some Cap Ex estimates, pre-feasibility, feasilbilty and financing arrangements in place first, not to mention a JV backing.

Avg grade of the deposits is very low, around 300-400ppm ie 0.03%- 0.04%, this may be uneconomic for mining unless a huge deposit can be established, like PDN's Nambian deposit, ie low grade but large scale, but these low grades are common to Africa

So while all three companies (BKY OMC UNX) are still spec, UNX is by far the most Spec and its volatility in price reflects this, OMC is high spec as well and will need to establish a much larger resource than 10m lbs at those grades to be economic

BKY is also spec, but much less than the other two and this is reflected in its storng backing from Uranium Major and institutions, its support from Canadian, London and Swiss Insto's is comforting

12. nizar

nizar

DOes spain even allow uranium mining?

And also - having a JORC resource is better than non-JORC...

FEasability and financing will be announced at the end of the june quarter for OMC...

But i do like the Arena JV and Canadian backers, definately shows promise...

13. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

Nizar to the best of my understanding Spain does allow Uranium mining (although I will clarify this)

A JORC depoist is much better than a non-JORC but a higher grade deposit that was extensively drilled prior to the JORC code being introduced (hence drilling cannot comply because it was done in the 80's) is in my opinion better than a ver low grade deposit that is at best turning up 0.04% avg's

Stock looks like its being hoarded again, with a couple of small/medium sized 100k+ orders going through,

Will be very interested to see if we get some more, substantial sharholder notice lodgments, or change to substantial holdings,

I wouldn't be suprised to see Westpac Selling, and that Candian group buying more,

14. laurie

laurie

Cheapest buy is going to be $1.48! to-days close is $1.26 just have a look at the market depth :D

cheers laurie

15. michael_selway

michael_selway Coal & Phosphate, thats it!

wow, no one wants to sell it appears atm

This was a good one to buy yes

16. nizar

nizar

Impeccable timing, YT, impeccable timing... gotta love it :D

17. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

lol almost scary, thank god I didn't wait,

Chart said wait can't keep going,
    Instinct said ok Canadians are hoarding get on board their companies trade at huge premiums to ours so hence why I thought Canadian 6% + Areva 14% (are they one and the same????) = 20% if so takeover!!!!!!

Will be very interested to see how this week turns out

18. pussycat2005

pussycat2005

Luck to get on board at 1.15
    Blew my brains away! the close!

So did someone mention take over!

19. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

So this is who Areva are

- As an alternative to investing in uranium, you may prefer nuclear engineering companies such as France's Areva the world's biggest. Last year it had sales of $8bn from mining uranium, designing power plants and processing nuclear waste. It is 95% owned by the French government, with the remaining 5% in non-voting shares listed on the Paris bourse. It has the political advantage of not being American, British or Japanese, which puts it in the best position to profit from China's huge programme of nuclear plants.

20. YOUNG_TRADER

YOUNG_TRADER

It closed @ $1.10, has hel well above $1

This week has seen good consolidation, I still think that given its resource in Spain, its JV with Areva and its backing by London + Swiss Insto's it will be the next listed Uranium Company into production,

Only other companies that stand a chance of getting into production are

EME (has finance and JV support from Lara a huge Canadian U company, but needs bigger deposit, at least 3-4x current)

EXT in Nambia but needs a resource first!

OMC in South Africa (but needs larger size deposit with better grades, not to mention financial backing from a big insto as well as technical JV support from a major)

Remember think long term, ie PDN went from $10m to $2b in 4 years,
    Who will be next?