Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Best Pie awards

Reactions

wayneL

Rotaredom
Reactions
Coming home from the Gold Coast without stopping at Yatala is inconceivable.

Otherwise, if out west of Brisbane, a detour through Blackbutt is a must... Fernvale bakery also 1st rate

Reactions
Well I wonder if @IFocus will be off to Pinjarra, to try one of the pies?:D
I've been there, they have a big selection and it is always busy.:xyxthumbs

moXJO

menace to society
Reactions
I remember eating a pie from a (I think) brumbies from the gap in qld. I was house sitting at the time and taking the dog for a walk. It was that disgusting I tried to feed it to the dog and even he turned his nose up.

Later that month I happened to watch one of those "current affairs" where they chase people down the street with a camera in their face.
To my horror the pie shop was on and there were dead rats squashed through the pie mincer and dough machines.

Reactions
I remember eating a pie from a (I think) brumbies from the gap in qld. I was house sitting at the time and taking the dog for a walk. It was that disgusting I tried to feed it to the dog and even he turned his nose up.

Later that month I happened to watch one of those "current affairs" where they chase people down the street with a camera in their face.
To my horror the pie shop was on and there were dead rats squashed through the pie mincer and dough machines.
Do you still eat pies :eek:

moXJO

menace to society
Reactions
I'm not to fussed I've had some shocking food.
Like the time I announced:
"Wow, how did they get the meat inside this baked potato".

I was already spitting it out when I saw the confusion on my mates faces before they uttered "what meat".

moXJO

menace to society
Reactions
That may have been a mistake, LOL
There was a French guy with a bakery down Ulladulla. Used to call them "shonky sticks".
I now question if it was a good idea eating them if the guy who made it was calling them that.

Value Collector

Have courage, and be kind.
Reactions
An Interesting note, (to me as a Vegan at least)

For the second year running at Britains Pie Awards, the gold medal has gone to a vegan pie that beat out 848 others to take the title.

A vegan pie has scooped a a Gold Medal at this year's British Pie Awards.
Pieminster's 'Evergreen' pie features a filling of leafy greens and beans with kale, spinach, and edamame, cooked in ginger, garlic, and lime zest.
A staggering 848 pies were entered into the competition by 160 professional pie bakers, chefs, and butchers from around the UK. The entrants were judged by 140 experts, who considered appearance and taste.
https://www.plantbasednews.org/lifestyle/-vegan-pie-gold-medal-british-pie-awards-2020

Reactions

Value Collector

Have courage, and be kind.
Reactions
I'm leaning your way VC.

A couple of weeks without meat and you don't miss it.
Thats awesome, feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever need any recommendations or ideas or anything.

if you are ever in Sydney near the Glebe area, check out "Soul Burger" they make awesome burgers and milkshakes there, thats one of my favourite places when ever I am in town.

Reactions
Thats awesome, feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever need any recommendations or ideas or anything.

if you are ever in Sydney near the Glebe area, check out "Soul Burger" they make awesome burgers and milkshakes there, thats one of my favourite places when ever I am in town.
Thanks.

I still eat fish though.

wayneL

Rotaredom
Reactions
Well time to 'fess up myself then. I'm giving vegan a try... Well non super strictly vegan, but as much as possible with my lifestyle, buy strictly vego.

Just want to see how it goes.

P.s. I was vegetarian for a fair few years many years ago.

Reactions
Well time to 'fess up myself then. I'm giving vegan a try... Well non super strictly vegan, but as much as possible with my lifestyle, buy strictly vego.

Just want to see how it goes.

P.s. I was vegetarian for a fair few years many years ago.
Why did you give it up ?