• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Best online broker for me?

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by andrewang, Oct 6, 2012.

1. andrewang

andrewang

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum but I do have some experience in online trading.

Previously I use my dad's online broker but the transaction cost is too high for me. It is fine for my dad as he trades in big amounts.

I am still new to the Australian market so I'll probably start out easy first. I'm currently using the IG demo but I wanna know if there are others out there that might suit me better.

I'll probably be doing some CFDs and shares. Not so much options or commodities. I am currently trying to be a day to day trader so I'll want to see updated price changes and hopefully live news feed. Transaction cost shouldn't be too high either as I'm currently only gonna be trading with about $2-5k.

I have read other threads pushing for Bell or CMC or CommSec but they are all a little outdated. I was hoping you guys can provide me with more updated information about how the platforms are working out for you.

Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks in advance.

Andrew

2. BigJohn

BigJohn

Looking for the best online broker

Hi guys what online broker would you recommend for 10 trades are year of $20,000 to $50,000 ?