Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

BBC - Babcock and Brown Communities (1 Viewer)

Reactions
Thought i would start a thread this stock as i have applied for the IPO. Anyone else getting on board. Good yeild and a sector with massive growth potential from the aging population trend IMO. Plus with babcock and brown managing its usually a pretty safe bet that things will go smoothly. Also after seeing how much my grandparents are forking out for aged care and reitrement living these guys should make a killing.

Reactions
Interesting ,billhill..could you post a website for more info on Band B?

Quote:-Also after seeing how much my grandparents are forking out for aged care and reitrement living these guys should make a killing. -:Unquote

Hope they arn't also going to kill grandparents! (Only kidding)

Cheers Ya'll:)

Reactions
It is for this reason I started the AVE - Aevum Limited. If you see the growth of AVE over the last one year, you'll be amazed. Ageing pop is for the long term holders who are seeking solid returns.

Reactions
Thanks billhill..having trouble with accessing links at the moment,but after I give my comp a boot..or give it THE boot..or my ISP the A**.I will check it out.

Good luck with your investing.

Cheers Ya'll :)

Reactions
I think most brokers are oversubscribed for this one now. Can someone suggest to me why AVE, paying the same 4c half yearly distribution that BBCG proposes trades at $3.98 and BBCG only offerd at $1.15. Perhaps i have overlooked some key merits of AVE over BBCG??

Reactions
I'm quite surprised people haven't picked up on AVE. AVE I believe has a high occupancy rate and is rapidly growing through acquisition.

Reactions
Interesting this one.

So PLF will just change name to BBC, and in effect, a PLF share will be worth a BBC share? So therefore, buying on the IPO at 1.15 is cheaper than the current price of PLF around 1.17 but the exact same thing?

Reactions
Hi
Anyone in here?Unless I am confused(not surprisingly), I havent seen a posting for many months.
Anyone still holding this stock?
Just me?:confused:

Reactions
Does anyone think BBC has good long-term prospects.?
Although the SP has had a fall from grace (note AVE has survived much better) - BBC has maintained guidance, no refinancing till end 2010 and 60% fixed-rate. I think it has been dragged down with the rest of the LPT sector. But honestly, I think the LPT sector has moved from overvalued to back in line with the rest of the market after many years of really strong growth.
BBC is a good pick in this area of LPTs but I find the disclosure/transparency is really shoddy. The half year results were 'opaque', perhaps like the rest of the BNB empire. But I think the retirement property sector is well supported by demographic change, government and the public are fairly supportive. I think the underlying business idea and the industry look 'nice' for a 5-10 year holding period. Certainly the yield is competitive if the earnings risk is low.
I think BBC needs a few more acquisitions to kick start the SP. There should be some lower prices in the market over the next year as the interest rate cycle peaks (and the dismantling/selective asset sales of other property empires, mentioning no names) and I think it would be an easy market share grab for a company with better access to capital than some smaller competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread