• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Bargains just before the close on 30 June?

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by greggles, Jun 26, 2018.

1. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Surely just before the close on the last trading day of the financial year would be a good time to be on the hunt for good stocks sold down due to tax loss selling?

Does anyone do this or has done it in the past? If so, what have the results been like?

And while we're on the topic, has anyone spotted any good candidates this year that have been sold down well into bargain territory?

2. Miner

Miner

I put some money on CGC today. It is at high end but reading an article from Aitken - thinking of medium term.

3. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There's a few more that might be worth looking at: CHK, GPP, IBN, JDR, LPE, MUS, RDN, S3R.

I haven't been studying these of late; they're just showing up as unusually cheap on my watchlist so it's a serious case of DYOR for these :)

5. Country Lad

Country Lad Off into the sunset

In the past when a few of us had too much time on my hands and were holding quite a number of companies we have played around with the June 30 shenanigans but only during the last trading day and then only during the afternoon 10 minute closing price auction.

Have in the past sold shares I was holding which jumped during the auction and bought some which appeared to be dumped low. Mind you, it is difficult to do on your own due to time constraints to look for and to place orders during the 10 minutes and that is why I said "we". Has been lucrative the couple of years did it. I don't know it happens as much these days.