• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Bananas

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Garpal Gumnut, Sep 1, 2019.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Tags:
  1. Garpal Gumnut

Garpal Gumnut

As so many visitors and members of ASF are bananas I thought I should post this information which came through my twitter feed on nutrition and the humble banana.

I eat most of mine at Coles and Woolies when peering down in to the mushrooms, so if you ever see a banana skin amongst the mushrooms shout out Gumnut and we can meet.

banana.jpg

gg

noirua, IFocus, cynic and 2 others like this.
  2. bi-polar

bi-polar

I eat most of mine at Coles and Woolies when peeing down in to the mushrooms,

Garpal Gumnut, IFocus, cynic and 2 others like this.
  3. bi-polar

bi-polar

Selected Woolworths boutiques now offer fresh banana trees with stem and roots. First grind 3kg. bananas with skin on and add about 1 tbsp. aphids and weevils ( found on the backside of leaves) , stirring in coconut scale, thrips and nematodes. Our friendly staff can assist with identifying these, look for healthy fat thrips with black dots. Pan-fry black leaf streak, or black sigatoka if you can obtain it with caramelised chopped stem and add grated roots dunked in sulphuric acid - tastes like chicken , similar to taipan . Smother over bananas and good health .

Garpal Gumnut likes this.
  4. Value Collector

Value Collector Have courage, and be kind.

I buy my green, they 6 days later I say “holy cow my bananas are going brown” and I have to eat 5 bananas for breakfast.

Garpal Gumnut likes this.
  5. noirua

noirua

Bananas can cause constipation unless ripe with spots on. The skins are good for rose bushes as they contain potassium - they don't eat them you put them in the ground, you might have guessed that - maybe not.
    A banana peel, also called banana husk or banana skin in British English, is the outer covering of the banana fruit. Banana peels are used as food for animals, in water purification, for manufacturing of several biochemical products as well as for jokes and comical situations. Wikipedia

1. Use them to polish your shoes. Rub the peel over your shoes. They'll also polish your silverware.[1 ]
    2. Rub them over your teeth to whiten them. Use the white side on your teeth.[4]
    Banana peels are as useful as the banana. They contain antifungal, antibiotic and enzymatic properties that can be put to good use. Plus they're moist and nutritious.
    Http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Banana-Peels

explod, Garpal Gumnut and IFocus like this.
  6. Garpal Gumnut

Garpal Gumnut

This has been of much use to me, @noirua .

Thank you.

My floribunda have failed over decades despite FEEDING them banana peels, a hint I garnered from a rather hairy headed fellow of Greek extraction being chased by a crocodile along the Haughton River bank some years ago. He said he was a Horticulturalist which seemed very honest as not many young Greek-Australians would admit to running a whorehouse.

gg

qldfrog and explod like this.
  7. bi-polar

bi-polar

Greeks are a bit keen on Venus fly-trap which feeds on arthropods , found on banana trees. Roses are gross feeders with disgusting habits.

8. bi-polar

bi-polar

Fresh food people sell bananas and carrots that look the same size. Beijing's parade had one size for soldiers and an abnormal hypersonic ballistic nuclear missile believed capable of breaching all existing antimissile shields deployed by the US and its allies. The vehicle-mounted DF-17 has multiple warheads probably the same size which is what we're comfortable with.