• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Baby Formula Sold Out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bobrrrr, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Bobrrrr

Bobrrrr

Hello everyone,

We all know that sh*t has hit the fan a couple of years back in China about the milk that got a lot of babies ill. (around 130.000)
    And everyday I am hearing more and more about the baby food (powder formula's) being sold out in stores in Australia because people/households (And Chinese businessmen) are hoarding the baby powder.
    My question to you Aussies is: Do you also notice this? Do you or do your friends or does someone in your close vicinity also notice this? Is there really a lack of baby powder?

If so, please reply to this thread. I am from the Netherlands and at the moment we have enough babypowder here.
    So I thought, if there's a demand for it, I could help a lot of households out.
    I can provide cans for these "ages": 0-6/6-12/12-24/24+ months.

Hope to have a reply soon :) The sooner the better!

Regards,
    B.

2. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

People aren't campaigning about shortages and the supermarkets are regulating the number of purchases per (Asian:rolleyes:) customer.

It's not just China, but much of SE Asia too

3. skc

skc Goldmember

Baby powder?!
    01-johnsons-baby-powder.w245.h368.jpg

4. CanOz

CanOz Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!

There is no formula shortage now, the supermarkets have plenty and there are restrictions in place per customer. That seems to have fized it. Added to this, the free trade agreement with China will remove some tariffs on imported product from Australia and make the selling of the products by third parties, less profitable. Also, there has been one major brand copied already. So consumers are getting more wary of buying it online.

We have a 20 month old toddler that uses Aptimil so we've been through all of this, in both Shanghai and Brisbane.

Cheers,

CanOz

5. Bill M

Bill M Self Funded Retiree

I have a family member working in a major supermarket chain here and she says that customers are still restricted to 2 big tins per person at a time.

Also I don't think there is a major issue with supply to China now, Woolworths is selling directly to them via their new online website.

More info here: http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/woolworths-extends-its-reach-to-china-through-tmall/news-story/ac958ac5d11d7842df7084a5f8896bfb

And this is the actual website: https://woolworths.tmall.hk/#tyzq

6. Ijustnewit

Ijustnewit

Baby Formula = Two consenting adults preferably male and female , add wine and chocolate and hey presto !
    Sorry couldn't help myself :D

7. Gringotts Bank

Gringotts Bank

Who joins a stock market forum in a country across the other side of the world to ask about baby formula as their first and probably only post?

Some people :southpark ;)

8. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

You're right GB. When I saw the thread title I assumed someone was starting a discussion about baby formula being sold out. I'm sure Bobrrrr meant well, but these sort of offers aren't appropriate at ASF. I have disabled Bobrrrr's account to be sure.

However, feel free to use this thread to discuss the topic of baby formula being sold out in Australia. It was newsworthy recently.