Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AVR - Anteris Technologies

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions
Re: AHZ - Allied Healthcare Group

Allied Healthcare Group Ltd. (AHZ) was formerly known as BioMD Limited (BOD).

For previous discussion of this company, please refer to the BOD thread: https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6997
SP creeping up on low volume: too early to tell if this trend has legs. The oppies AHZOA (formerly BODOA) meanwhile are lagging, both in terms of price and volume. (expiry Dec 2011, strike $0.040, so with heads over 0.08, the oppies are well in the money) last traded at 0.037.

Whenever I see that sort of differential, I expect the heads to fall, not the oppies to rise. The market isn't known for leaving bargains hanging around.

But short-term considerations aside, this stock presents well as a long-term hold. Once they start making announcements about business progress (or lack thereof :p: ) we'll know more about its profit-generating capacity.

Reactions
AHZ Presents at Three Tickers Twenty Minutes

Buchan Consulting is pleased to invite you to our next 'Three Tickers, Twenty Minutes' event on Wednesday 31st August.

The Australian Healthcare sector continues to mature and yield exciting opportunities for investors. Meet and hear from three biotechnology companies with strong prospects for growth and opportunity in 2011/2012. The event includes special commentary from leading healthcare analysts and presentations from:

- Cogstate (ASX.CGS)
- Circadian Technologies (ASX.CIR) and
- Allied Healthcare (ASX.AHZ)

To register to attend please email tdonovan@bcg.com.au

Where: Middletons,
Rialto South Tower
Level 25, 525 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

Time: 5pm - 7pm.
Date: Wednesday 31st August

3 x 20 minute presentations commence at 5pm.
Drinks and appetisers served following the presentations.

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions

Goodness how time flies.
Seems like only yesterday that Allied butchered their AHZOA option holders by a capital raising to (he turns to spit) "sophisticated" investors.

And the fizz has been absent ever since.

Allied however continues to promote trials of its surgical heart-patch, and continues to increase its stake in unlisted Coridon, a vaccine experimental operation.

So, having reached exhausted my angst, I'm accumulating again. While I consider the directors to be as much my enemies as my allies, I think they're on the real deal. At least, they're my stock tip for November. :p:

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions

Another juicy announcement of good lab results for their experimental subsidiary Coridon's work on a therapeutic vaccine for cervical cancer. Spare a thought for the mice.

There's still a handbrake on the SP over concerns for working capital, and recently an anvil tied to the bumper bar with one of their major shareholders Avexa (AVX) in the process of leaping into an Alabama coal mine (hence the possibility of their liquidating some more of their stake).

So much fizz but no heat for the stock price after today's dust settled.

I'm cautiously accumulating this stock - if one is prepared to withstand the fluctuations, (or perhaps, trade the trade when opportunity arises ... :D ), this is a stock to consider.

8186906911_a9b18a8d11.png

Attachments

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions

Allied has carried out a 10% dilution - issue, raising $1.7 mill. Also announced a share-purchase plan for holders, but I haven't seen any detail as to how many shares in total will be issued via the SPP, nor how many entitled holders can aim for.

Issue and SPP price $0.020 - not too bad, although it had the inevitable effect of pulling the market price down to 0.021 / 0.022.

So I'll be lining up for my chop when the paperwork comes in. At 0.020, the more the merrier.
Company announcement was boosting the prospects of approval and revenue for Cardiocel, Allied's surgical patch technology, for 2013.

Avexa meanwhile, have announced some sales of their holdings in Allied, and Avexa also held their AGM recently, at which their Alabama coal venture was approved narrowly, so sooner or later they'll be selling off some more.

My guess is later. As far as I can see, this is a good time to have and hold AHZ. :cool:

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions

& it's a big "Hello there" to all youse Allied Healthcare Groupies, gee it's good t' see yas. :bier:

Avexa has sold their 8% stake, dispersed to a bunch of smaller fish, so no single 'substantial holder'. Sale price was 0.025.

Now, my hypothesis stands that that investing in AHZ is a hell of a lot more attractive than investing in some dusty ol' Alabama coal mine, so if Avexa sold out rather than hold, is that because they reckoned there wasn't any more growth in the foreseeable beyond 0.025?

Whatever it is Avexa thought, the market - on low volume - is prepared to take the SP to 0.026, with a bit of a sniff today at 0.027. Buyers are building, Sellers are thinning. As I see it, the market is poised to pop if the next news to emerge is good.

I disclose holdings, & tipping-comp interest, in AHZ

ROE

Reactions

Yeah I throw some money at it as a specs that could be multi baggers sometimes ago, enough to buy a million shares.
I like Dr Ian Frazer work at Coridon..

Let see how it go in a decade or so :)

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions

Pretty quiet on the Allied front - an occasional feeding of the chooks from the company, most recently as a quartlerly newsletter...
.. which preceded a little sell-off & recovery (last trade before Easter at $0.029), with the result that the buy-stack looks particularly scrawny.

I wonder if recent nervousness hasn't been partly influenced from developments in Europe - and I don't mean just Cypriot banks. Allied's next aimed-for milestone is European "CE" approval for their surgical patch technology, and another Aussie flakey biotech, Tissue Therapies (TIS) has recently come to grief by what TIS considers to be an unexpected complication from the European regulators. Or it could just have been a case of TIS being called out trying to pull a swifty, and having a little whinge about whose fault that was.

For those who allow themselves to be impressed by Allied Healthcare Group, now's probably a good time to consider a position. I suspect recent activity has thinned out the short- & medium-term profit takers from the cap-raising (at $0.020) at the start of the year.

From the newsletter, for the calendar:
  • CE mark approval for Europe expected mid 2013
  • 510(k) submission to the FDA on target to be lodged 1H, 2013

I disclose: holding buckets of AHZ. Also my serial tip-of-the-month.

Reactions

I'll put my hand up to say I've got a small holding in my speccy portfolio (which is 10% of my overall equity capital).

I agree that this is an interesting company with many potential catalysts for earnings explosions.
The team at Allied appear to be world class in their scientific field..

Reactions

AHZ has been showing support around 0.024 and resistance in the 0.03 price range. From the relationship between price and moving averages; we can see that: This stock is NEUTRAL in short-term; and BULLISH in mid-long term.

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions

Breaking beyond mid 0.030's. Friday's close at intra-day high of 0.036. No news, possibly some anticipation of impending European accreditation for their surgical patch 'cardiocel':

AHZ6mnth10May2013.gif

I would take a guess that somebody is taking a position - the issue of a substantial holding notice (or absence thereof) could demonstrate that theory.

But whether this latest interest is the activity of the many or of the few, the rosy predictions this stock's boosters have indulged in (mea culpa - I only wish I'd indulged more) are being realised.

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions

I could post another chart, but all it shows is that upward line on the right-hand upper corner of the pic above going up...

and up ...

closed this afternoon at 0.050.

Allied anticipates European CE mark approval 'soon'. I would have assumed the market was treating that helpful milestone as a done deal (caveat - nothing is certain here, just ask TIS /Tissue Therapies).

But such has been the increase in interest recently in the absence of any actual news, that maybe there's even more on the breeze than my optimism allows for?

Unless of course it's all that money flooding out of the collapsing spekkie-miners sector that floundering about looking for the next best thing?

Interesting times.

Discl: holding buckets.
Discl: currently 2nd in the June tipping comp. Now that's where the big money is. :D

Reactions

This stock gets alot of ramping on the other major stock forum but not much discussion here.

Ive held it for a while now as somewhat of a more spec position...but with each announcement my confidence grows in this company and the management team.

Another good announcement today with the company showing their faith in the Professor by upping their stake in the herpes vaccine project to a now controlling level of 50.1%.

I have attempted to value this company but with the potential impacts of the future products/patents coming on-line it is very difficult. Still some guestimates can be thrown out to gauge an approximate fair value.

Its still getting pushed around quite a bit by the traders but the overall trend has been rising...
Worth a look if you are unfamiliar with the company...:2twocents

Knobby22

Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast
Reactions

I'll have a look.

Country Lad

Off into the sunset
Reactions

I could post another chart, but all it shows is that upward line on the right-hand upper corner of the pic above going up...

and up ...
Telling us a bit more now.

Cheers
Country Lad

ahz 1 Jul 13.gif

Reactions

Put some into this today at the open, already gone up 1.8% above what I paid including brokerage.
From what I've read, the confidence in the management team for this stock is quite high - I'm hoping to see it go up to 0.6 by the end of next week if this growth holds.

Purple XS2

Yamaha 650 XS2
Reactions

Put some into this today ....
I'm hoping to see it go up to 0.6 by the end of next week if this growth holds.
Took longer than a couple of weeks, but it broke through 0.6c eventually ...

imageChart.gif

Today's close 0.62

Pretty good continuous upward drift, given that we're still waiting on a result from European ("CE mark") certification for the surgical patch, and the drug development arm for all its potential, is a long, long road ahead.

The recent 4C quarterly shows revenue - mainly from the older Allied surgical equipment arm running at healthy growth, annual $7.5 million receipts, so that may have cheered the market: at least these guys now how to manage an on-going business.

So there's a lot more to this story yet, but it's been s sensationally good for this past year, that I'm starting to ... to ... yes I will, no, no not yet, ...must .... take profits ... :kebab:

Sigh what a dilemma ...:cool:

I disclose buckets of AHZ.