• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Australian trading platforms and brokers vs. Ninjatrader

Discussion in 'Software and Data' started by Mikebike, May 1, 2016.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. Mikebike

Mikebike

I currently use Commsec to trade on the ASX and am looking for a more advanced trading platform with advanced charting capabilities with live data to set price targets, stops etc on charts to send active email alerts on multiple stocks. Can anyone recommend the best trading platform / broker / data provider that meets these needs ?

I have messed around with Ninjatrader and like their indicators etc and charts however I understand that live data providers are limited in Australia to companies like Interactive Brokers and a great deal of Ninjatraders indicators don't trigger with end of day data from Yahoo.

Any comments would be appreciated.

2. CanOz

CanOz Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!

Are you wanting to trade asx stocks intraday long and short?

3. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

I think Pixel has Paritech Pulse and might know if chart trading is available. CFD/DMA players IG Markets & CMC state they have chart trading/execution. If there are others they are well hidden. Northern Hemisphere has a smorgasbord.

4. Mikebike

Mikebike

Yes intraday mainly long ASX

5. Donkhorsepower

Donkhorsepower

MikeBike, it is a tricky thing in the land of Oz to get this together. Iguana 2: www.iguana2.com/spark can provide the data that you need and even API's if you need them. Another program that will handle an API is Amibroker. I think Iguana data plugs into it. And then you have got Metastock that is set up for live data. The other option is to look at an integrated service such Trader Dealer with their Bourse Data tie in. Once you get that sorted out, you just have to pay for it. Live data is very exxy here, no matter what setup you have.