Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Australian Futures Brokers

Reactions
Any recommendations for an Australian futures broker that can handle the following order types - stop, stop limit, limit, oco. My main concerns are order execution (online or manual) ,security of funds and competitive brokerage.

Reactions
Re: Australian Futures Broker

There’s only really Macquarie these days, most of the others are small and most use Interactive brokers platform, so if security is a important then its Macquarie, IB though are sound but if your using a third party maybe less so.

Rates will depend on volume and markets traded.

Few years ago there were a few brokers, but the likes of MFG who swallowed Brokerone and Lquay went bust, Tricom disappeared into Saxo I think, there were others but they either got taken over or disappeared, all the order types you have specified are available with IB and there rates will beat Macquarie hands down, but at least you have a contact and can place orders over the phone or email, with IB its online and your on your own.

Reactions

Any recommendations for an Australian futures broker that can handle the following order types - stop, stop limit, limit, oco. My main concerns are order execution (online or manual) ,security of funds and competitive brokerage.
Dont bother with Macquaire Bank as they require minimum of 250K liquid assets. Your best with Aliom Financial Markets. Fairly good brokerage, full service desk, access to TT and CQG and if your day trading bonds you can request half margin.

cbc

Reactions

Dont bother with Macquaire Bank as they require minimum of 250K liquid assets. Your best with Aliom Financial Markets. Fairly good brokerage, full service desk, access to TT and CQG and if your day trading bonds you can request half margin.
Agree, I tried to sign up and they said I needed 200K minimum.

Sob

Reactions

I'm too trying to find out a good futures broker for trading SPI, E-mini S&P etc..

Came across the following:

1) Mirus
2) Global Futures
3) MFGlobal
4) AMP Futures
5) IB

1 & 2 don't seem to offer trading SPI..

IB has min $10K rule..doesn't work for me..

How do AMP & MFG compare? I'm inclined towards AMP, anyone has feedback?

CanOz

Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!
Reactions

I'm too trying to find out a good futures broker for trading SPI, E-mini S&P etc..

Came across the following:

1) Mirus
2) Global Futures
3) MFGlobal
4) AMP Futures
5) IB

1 & 2 don't seem to offer trading SPI..

IB has min $10K rule..doesn't work for me..

MF Global busted, you wouldn't seriously go with them again would you?

AMP is OK price wise, service sucks, IB is ok but the data sucks...

Phillip Futures is another but they haven't answered my queries so far...:frown:

Reactions

Generic trade seem very cheap for those who will not be meeting min volume requirements of other brokers don;t need any bells and whistles. Have not used them myself, so not sure what the service/data is like

skc

Goldmember
Reactions

Good choice... AMP is operating while MFG is bankrupted. I'd go with the solvent one as well.

Very surprised to see the MFG website still mostly functional and you can even try to open an account!

Reactions
Best Futures Broker for Aussies?

Hi, just looking to start day trading futures, mainly the eminis and having trouble deciding on the best Broker to go with. Been looking at Ninja Trader, IB and Trade station.
Just a little concerned with latency issues as I will be Intraday trading , so in and out quickly.
May have to use limit orders to try and ensure fills.
Anyone have any suggestions or anything to add re these issues?
I would be thankful for any input!!

CanOz

Home runs feel good, but base hits pay bills!
Reactions
Re: Best Futures Broker for Aussies?

Hi, just looking to start day trading futures, mainly the eminis and having trouble deciding on the best Broker to go with. Been looking at Ninja Trader, IB and Trade station.
Just a little concerned with latency issues as I will be Intraday trading , so in and out quickly.
If you trading eminis from Australia, I believe AMP has a server in Sydney.might also be worth checking out Macquarie futures. With TT you might get better latency. Ask around first, demo and test....

Watch out with the risk per trade now. With the weak aussie dollar you don't get much bang for your buck with US or European products any more....

CanOz

Trembling Hand

Can be found on the bid
Reactions
If you are trading the ES then latency isn't an issue. Only if you are chasing momentum and that is a losing approach anyway. My ping times to the US and Europe are around 300 milliseconds. Thats fine trading the DAX which moves about 10000000000s times faster than the ES.

Reactions
Re: Best Futures Broker for Aussies?

If you trading eminis from Australia, I believe AMP has a server in Sydney.might also be worth checking out Macquarie futures. With TT you might get better latency. Ask around first, demo and test....

Watch out with the risk per trade now. With the weak aussie dollar you don't get much bang for your buck with US or European products any more....

CanOz
Thanks for that, will have another look at AMP

Reactions
If you are trading the ES then latency isn't an issue. Only if you are chasing momentum and that is a losing approach anyway. My ping times to the US and Europe are around 300 milliseconds. Thats fine trading the DAX which moves about 10000000000s times faster than the ES.
So what Broker would you reccomend?

Modest

$PEPE
Reactions
Hello

I am with AMP Futures. I can't say anything but good things. I had s little issue initially but the COO personally saw to the issue being resolved.

Great Tech Support via Online Chat too.

Reactions
Also with AMP, can't really complain much. Support is always pretty good and reasonably fast.

I think maybe the Ninjatrader brokerage is through AMP anyway, going by their funding details plus exact same margins, but might be wrong :)

Reactions
Also with AMP, can't really complain much. Support is always pretty good and reasonably fast.

I think maybe the Ninjatrader brokerage is through AMP anyway, going by their funding details plus exact same margins, but might be wrong :)
Thanks mate, checking them out now

Reactions
Came across a discount Broker, Generic Trade. Has anyone had any experience with them.
They "CLAIM" to have a fast connection and certainly have low fees and the minimum margin requirements.
:confused:

Reactions
You should try their demo first and see if you like it. I think I did chat with them when I was looking at opening an account. They have a good response time.