• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Australian Accounting Standards - Books

Discussion in 'Medium/Long Term Investing' started by Value Hunter, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Value Hunter

Value Hunter

Can anyone recommend a good book that teaches you how to analyse and interpret Australian financial statements. There are a lot of books out there for American accounting. Anyone read any good books that apply specifically to ASX listed companies.

I already have a basic understanding of financials but am looking to enhance my knowledge, therefore I want an intermediate level book rather than a beginner one.

If anyone has read any good books that meet the above criteria feel free to discuss/list them on this thread.

2. McLovin

McLovin

I don't think you need an Australian specific book. GAAP and AASB aren't that different. And I'd say from the perspective of analysing statements the differences are barely noticeable. Even at uni the textbook for financial statement analysis used GAAP not AASB, so unless you want to learn double entry accounting I don't think it's necessary. You could pick up a copy of AASB from your local Co-op if you really want to.