• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

ASF Website Redesign

Discussion in 'Announcements and Site News' started by Joe Blow, Apr 18, 2016.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Hi Rob, I think that a large percentage of people who post on stocks are like you and do not have an interest but post for the purpose of engaging in discussion. This is something that I wish to encourage.

Bigdog brought up the issue of a feature where those posting on stocks are compelled to declare that they either have an interest or do not have an interest in the stock they are posting about. My feeling is that in circumstances where someone has not specifically stated that they do not have an interest, it should be assumed that they do. I assume that the purpose of such a feature is to help people identify any agendas others may have in posting about a stock. In the absence of a declaration that someone does not have an interest, I think it's probably safer to assume that they do.

I don't think it really matters much either way to be honest and I don't think there is much utility in such a feature as there is no way to determine if people are being honest about their positions.

bigdog likes this.
  2. barney

barney

With that thought in mind Joe ….. Please put my $50 from last months comp towards something for the site if it helps .. Cheers:)

qldfrog, debtfree and Joe Blow like this.
  3. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Thanks barney. Your support is sincerely appreciated. :xyxthumbs

barney likes this.
  4. barney

barney

Cheers M8. Its not much but hopefully every little bit helps …..

Plus you deserve it for putting up with all us boofheads:D

qldfrog likes this.
  5. bigdog

bigdog Retired

Suggest "I Hold" and Do not Hold" buttons and not mandatory or nor compelled to declare

I post lots of important news items related to many companies which I hold and do not hold. I sometimes make my hold declaration!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019