Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ASF Queen's Birthday Honour List

Reactions
Morning All

I've just finished reading the newspaper and it appears that I have AGAIN missed out on receiving an award this year.:(

Mrs Duckman tells me that:

a) They would have contacted me by letter beforehand anyway, and
b) Self nomination doesn't carry much weight with the selection commitee, and
c) Several self-nominations do not increase the likelihood of being awarded, and perhaps most pointedly
d) She just doesn't see how my value to society would warrant one. :eek:

It's a tough crowd here in the house. You leave the toilet seat up just once and they forget all about how much you have contributed to the nation.

Therefore, I would like to start an ASF Joe's Birthday Award Ceremony where each person gets to nominate someone for an award here on ASF, so that the "everyman" or the "everyduck" gets a chance to have their moment in the sun.

I'll kick it off - I nominate Todster for an OJE relating to Outstanding Defence of Rudd and his Piling Stack of Policy Failures. Todster has been heroically defiant in keeping the wolves away from Kev's door over the past month.

And if I may - can I nominate myself for a Knighthood for the Blatant and Shameless Promotion of AFL and Essendon in most threads I post on.

Sir Duckman

Reactions
Re: ASF Queens Birthday Honour List

May I second Todster for an OAM.

Anyone who can push for a return of the wharfies as bosses of our Ports, with a straight face, deserves some sort of a gong.

gg

Julia

In Memoriam
Reactions

Excellent idea, Duckman. Maybe remind the ducklings about the terrific outdoor movie theatre?

I briefly considered that IFocus and So Cynical could compete with Todster for the defending the government award, but decided they do not qualify because both are capable of being reasonable from time to time.

I would like to nominate Garpal Gumnut for his endless supply of very amusing b.s.

Will someone second this?:)

Reactions

Excellent idea, Duckman. Maybe remind the ducklings about the terrific outdoor movie theatre?

I briefly considered that IFocus and So Cynical could compete with Todster for the defending the government award, but decided they do not qualify because both are capable of being reasonable from time to time.

I would like to nominate Garpal Gumnut for his endless supply of very amusing b.s.

Done!

I thought of nominating GG for Outstanding Contribution to Overseas Undercover Journalism as he keeps us posted on the whereabouts and pending capture of Osama Bin Laden. But there are so many others fields he could be nominated in:)

Sir Duckman

Reactions

I will step up for that honour Julia

Couldn't agree more.GG has blessed this forum with more mayhem and mirth than any other ,in my experience.

And ,on a more serious note I would nominate Smurf for his superb tech knowledge and scrupulously fair critique of my favourite stock.:D

And a second nom to you ,Julia, for your unfailingly fair and empathetic posting:)

J&M

Reactions

I nominate Nun for offering to supply a free T shirt to the members who comment on all the Thought Provoking threads on this site

The one I recall was someone made $3000 a day hmmmm

At a FULL cost to himself if I remember correctly

How generous and kind hearted can he be ???

James

Reactions

I would like to nominate Kevin Rudd for his service to the the airline industry and also for rattling Gillard's cage.

Reactions

Done!

I thought of nominating GG for Outstanding Contribution to Overseas Undercover Journalism as he keeps us posted on the whereabouts and pending capture of Osama Bin Laden. But there are so many others fields he could be nominated in:)

Sir Duckman
I thought GG already been conferred with knighthood with his name GG = Governor General :)

Reactions

Wonder what the old bird handing out the honours thinks of her grandson marrying a skinny upper middle class chick instead of Princess Hurtie Gurtie from Slurpenstein?

Glen48

Money can't buy Poverty
Reactions
How can you expect to be honored if you are not corrupt a back stabbing scammer.
I have been sending in my Cheque each yr for 40 yrs and still get nothing.
What about Robot for Housing,coffee and Latte machines.

Big Ben for service to the printing business and make us all look stupid when out grand kids ask why couldn't you see what you were doing.

Reactions

I thought GG already been conferred with knighthood with his name GG = Governor General :)
As Machiavelli noted, stay close to the honoured, yet avoid honours.

I am close to five of the honoured this time. And they all deserve their gongs for what it's worth.

I do like birthdays.

gg

Reactions
I'm watching the Jubilee celebrations on TV.

Royalty is such a silly old-fashioned tradition and yet....

...don't the Brits do it so damn well! I'm sitting here watching an old lady in a hat cruise down the Thames on a boat. How could that be of any interest? And yet it is. She's been an amazing figurehead and leader.

Reactions
Yeah right, like I'm going to reveal something only for jackals to ridicule me.:D
Based upon this latest disclosure, the suspect list has narrowed from millions of Australians down to a mere few hundred. Once those are cross referenced with television appearances nearing the date of your other disclosure, it should be possible to further reduce the list. One need then only consider your areas of technical expertise, when filtering the residual field, to make a positive identification.

However, the above would still require a fair amount of google searching and results filtering.

To spare oneself the tedium, and obtain a faster result , one need only pose it as a puzzle in the conundrums thread and then sit back with a beverage and watch numerous ASF members falling over themselves in their eagerness to be first to post your identity in the spoilers thread.

Tisme

Apathetic at Best
Reactions
Based upon this latest disclosure, the suspect list has narrowed from millions of Australians down to a mere few hundred. Once those are cross referenced with television appearances nearing the date of your other disclosure, it should be possible to further reduce the list. One need then only consider your areas of technical expertise, when filtering the residual field, to make a positive identification.

However, the above would still require a fair amount of google searching and results filtering.

To spare oneself the tedium, and obtain a faster result , one need only pose it as a puzzle in the conundrums thread and then sit back with a beverage and watch numerous ASF members falling over themselves in their eagerness to be first to post your identity in the spoilers thread.
Wouldn't be a problem so much if haters didn't grow on discussion forums.....

be interesting to profile random people here. not just me and find out commonalities that make them susceptible to feeling superior, feeling subordinate, mob mentaility, etc ...

My experience is that any discussion forum invariably follows the same pattern of behaviours as William Golding's famous novel, where everyone assumes a position. The ones I enjoy poking sticks at are the choir boys turned hunters and how they fawn around the "Jack" of the forum. I have no time for the mean spirited Rogers... I personally find them morally bankrupt and an intolerable necessity to the posting community.

So perhaps that's a better pursuit than personalising and invading people's private lives?

Reactions
Wouldn't be a problem so much if haters didn't grow on discussion forums.....

be interesting to profile random people here. not just me and find out commonalities that make them susceptible to feeling superior, feeling subordinate, mob mentaility, etc ...

My experience is that any discussion forum invariably follows the same pattern of behaviours as William Golding's famous novel, where everyone assumes a position. The ones I enjoy poking sticks at are the choir boys turned hunters and how they fawn around the "Jack" of the forum. I have no time for the mean spirited Rogers... I personally find them morally bankrupt and an intolerable necessity to the posting community.

So perhaps that's a better pursuit than personalising and invading people's private lives?
Whatever you got I'm sure you deserved it Tisme. (fawn fawn)

:D:cool: