• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

****ASF Breaking News****

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by noirua, Sep 21, 2008.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

I wonder why there is so much fuss about Trudeau's blackface. Was there this much fuss when Michael Jackson tried to turn himself white.

Too much fuss over nothing I reckon.

noirua, Smurf1976 and sptrawler like this.
  2. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

I agree, but the woke crowd have been hoist by their own petard. Imagine if it was Trump or Scomo.

3. sptrawler

sptrawler

That would not get off the front page of the papers, until they were chucked out. IMO

wayneL and Smurf1976 like this.
  4. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Knobby and son off to the Royal Melbourne Show.
    Showbags,dinosaurs and weird chickens to be found.

IFocus and greggles like this.
  5. sptrawler

sptrawler

Prince Harry, taking the press to task, it is about time IMO.
    It could be costly. :eek:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/eur...for-bullying-wife-meghan-20191002-p52wrn.html

From the article:
    "The contents of a private letter were published unlawfully in an intentionally destructive manner to manipulate you, the reader, and further the divisive agenda of the media group in question," Prince Harry said.

"In addition to their unlawful publication of this private document, they purposely misled you by strategically omitting select paragraphs, specific sentences, and even singular words to mask the lies they had perpetuated for over a year
    ."

noirua likes this.
  6. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel

7. bi-polar

bi-polar

Hoping to see Kim Jong Un walk up to Donald , both with floppy ginger hair and white patches under eyes.

8. bellenuit

bellenuit

I presume you mean $0 commissions in the US only? You can add Interactive Brokers to the list (for US and Canada I think).

9. qldfrog

qldfrog

wayneL and Knobby22 like this.
  10. qldfrog

qldfrog

Just on the above, officially recognised as a terrorist attack.

wayneL likes this.
  11. sptrawler

sptrawler

12. qldfrog

qldfrog

You can not blame the government or corporation on that one, they try in the US with the opium epidemy to blame bug pharmas so that is something democrats can support, but self responsibility is a pc incorrect word
    I just believe if you legalise canabis, and stop giving
    Money for nothing
    People might have something to live for, and mild enough entertainment to be happy without killing themself directly or via Ice
    Between ice addicts and suicide, there's a serious problem in our australian society and you do not solve it with welfare or bashing the messengers

13. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

I can see that there is an argument for at least decriminalising MJ as the evidence seems to be that it calms people down and has therapeutic effects too.

Ice users should be locked up, for their own protection and the protection of society. No good can come out of this drug it's totally evil as are the people who produce and distribute it.

Smurf1976 and qldfrog like this.
  14. sptrawler

sptrawler

The problem is, people think they will just be a casual user, next thing their tolerance increases and they need more to get the same effect.
    Then they are gone, it really does need addressing, before it stuffs our society completely.
    It's a shame the press doesn't start a crusade on the issue, then we might get something done, but I guess it is more difficult taking on a cause that is close to home and may have uncomfortable social outcomes.

Smurf1976, qldfrog and SirRumpole like this.
  15. noirua

noirua

16. noirua

noirua

cynic likes this.
  17. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

Greta will be devastaed.

What did this guy do ?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  18. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

4 corners did a special on it. It was shocking.

19. Smurf1976

Smurf1976

I think it's a bit odd the extent to which there's an obsession with the evils of tobacco.

I'm not a smoker and so far as I'm concerned the stuff stinks like crap, we'd be better off without it, but if someone's going to put something into their body well then cigarettes are an order of magnitude less evil than ice.

Smoke every day and after 20 years you might get cancer but most likely it'll take a fair bit longer than that. At least you've got a fair bit of time to reconsider your decision and get off the things whereas with ice and other hard drugs you're well and truly gone way before that point.

So I'm not going to defend tobacco, it's evil stuff yes, but I do think there's too much demonising of it compared to other drugs and some of the effort that goes into the war on smoking needs to be shifted to finding some way to tackle the issues with other drugs.

We're fighting the wrong war basically. Fixing the leak in the gutters which will eventually rot the timber and may attract termites whilst ignoring the raging flood heading straight toward us which threatens to obliterate the place real quick. :2twocents

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    sptrawler and qldfrog like this.
  20. Smurf1976

Smurf1976

I expect this will shock the markets out of what seems to have become complacency on this issue.