Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ARR - American Rare Earths

Reactions
Broken Hill Prospecting Limited (BPL) is a small mining and exploration company which has been actively exploring the Broken Hill region for the past 20 years.

The Company holds an exploration license and two leases in the Thackaringa area (an area situated 25km south west from Broken Hill) and has developed an inferred cobalt reserve of 14 million tonnes of high grade (+2 pound per tonne) cobalt.

An exploration drilling program was completed on two of the company’s base metals prospects at Thackaringa late in 2010, finding strongly anomalous copper, lead and zinc results from lode bearing rocks over 500m strike lengths. A follow-up drilling program is currently underway to test that mineralisation at further depth.

http://www.bhpl.biz

springhill

Make the drill work for YOU
Reactions
MC - $3m
SP - 9.3c
Shares - 29m quoted (82.5m total)
Options - 42m
Cash - $1.4m

During the period assay results of samples from the recent drilling were received for the all of the recent drill holes in BPL’s 100% owned Railway, Offset and North Big Hill Cobalt Prospects near Broken Hill. Most holes contain thick, high-grade zones of cobaltiferous pyrite.

Mineralization was intersected in the only hole at the Offset Cobalt Prospect;
 22 metres (‘m’) of 1.77 pounds per tonne (‘lb/t’) cobalt in the down-hole interval between 115 and 137 metres in drill hole BER001 (115-137m )

Extensive zones of cobalt mineralisation were intersected in both of the two holes completed north of the Big Hill Deposit (North Big Hill Cobalt Prospect);
 111m of 0.98lb/t cobalt in BER002 (18-129m)
 16m of 1.92lb/t cobalt in BER020 (30-46m)

Mineralised drill hole intersections at the Railway Cobalt Prospect include;
 40m of 2.63lb/t cobalt in BER004 (40-90m)
 14m of 3.34lb/t cobalt in BER006 (148-162m)
 14m of 2.42lb/t cobalt in BER009 (33-47m) and 35m of 2.01lb/t Co (57-92m)
 18m of 5.08lb/t cobalt in BER011 (106-124m) including 11m of 6.71lb/t Co
 45m of 3.85lb/t cobalt in BER012 (27-72m) including 9m of 4.89lb/t Co
 9m of 2.01lb/t cobalt, 8m of 2.08lb/t Co and 10m of 4.15lb/t Co in BER013
 27m of 2.23lb/t cobalt in BER014 (28-55m)
 75m of 2.22lb/t cobalt in BER016 (25-100m) including 16m of 3.58lb/t Co
 41m of 2.20lb/t cobalt in BER018 (116-157m end of hole)
 22m of 2.54lb/t cobalt in BER019 (34-56m)

Anomalous zinc and silver were intersected in several intervals in the lower portion of BER004 beneath the central part of the Railway Cobalt Prospect. These include;
• 3m of 1.3% zinc, 15g/t silver and 1.3lb/t cobalt between 108-111m
• 6m of 3.5% zinc, 6g/t silver and 2.41lb/t cobalt between 120-126m

The wide-spaced drilling has intersected near-surface cobaltiferous pyrite mineralisation within a zone which trends for more than 1.5 kilometres and is up to 300 metres wide (Railway Cobalt Prospect).
The mineralisation is open at depth.
BPL has commenced a resource assessment and will undertake a scoping study to investigate a 7.5 million tonne per year open cut mine with annual production of pyrite concentrate containing about 7,000 tonnes of cobalt.
Mines in central Africa accounted for over 65% of recorded cobalt production in 2011 and almost 12% (11,300 tonnes Co) was produced as by-product from a single copper operation (Tenke Fungurume) in the DRC (Congo). Clearly, any future development of BPL’s deposits, alongside rail and near mining infrastructure at Broken Hill, would be helped by excellent location and security concerns in central Africa.

I am lacking in my knowledge of cobalt, so here is the wiki link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt#Production

Attachments

• bpl_ax24jan12_to_31jul12.png
    bpl_ax24jan12_to_31jul12.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 9

springhill

Make the drill work for YOU
Reactions
Resource evaluation of the Railway Cobalt Deposit has increased cobalt resources by 70% and added considerable potential to BPL’s 100% owned Thackaringa Cobalt Project near Broken Hill, NSW

• Maiden Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate of Railway project is 14.9Mt of 1.83lb/t (831ppm) cobalt (27 million pounds of contained cobalt metal)

• Additional Potential of Railway project calculated as 23-35Mt of similar mineralisation*

• Combined Railway, Pyrite Hill, and Big Hill Inferred Mineral Resource has increased by over 70% to 35.7Mt of 1.85lb/t (841ppm) cobalt (66 million pounds of contained cobalt metal)

• Combined Railway and Pyrite Hill Potential is now estimated between 37-59Mt of mineralisation between 600-900ppm Co

• Resources at all deposits remain open along trend and at depth

• Drill testing beneath anomalous zinc and silver intersections (6 metres of 3.5% zinc) is planned in September

Reactions
LOL …. Here is the kind of Stock I'm interested in:eek:

Springhill has unfortunately since left us which is a pity given his incredible input into the Spec end of the market …. If he reads this , I hope he is travelling ok.

Anyway … no fanfare on this minnow, but I've read enough to like what I've seen so far ….

Chart is in a pivotal position

Recent Cap Raise

Recent acquisition (Rare Earths/topical at the moment)

Small register

Selling some current tenements which should fund ongoing expenses for a while to come

The new shares come into SP effect on early January so that will be the acid test for any short term gyrations.

Watching with interest.:)
BPL13dec2019.jpg

Reactions
Nah she'll be right … I have a good feeling on this one:couchpotato::eek:

The Xmas break and whether the cap raise price of 1.5 cents will get tested are the two short term unknowns … otherwise its a lay down mazaire!:rolleyes::D

Reactions
On July 2nd, 2020, Broken Hill Prospecting Limited (BPL) changed its name and ASX code to American Rare Earths Limited (ARR).

Dona Ferentes

NEMO SIBI NASCITVR
Reactions
On July 2nd, 2020, Broken Hill Prospecting Limited (BPL) changed its name and ASX code to American Rare Earths Limited (ARR).

- it would be a fair bet the Oz component of the aspirationally named BHPL (didn't trick me) will be flogged off down the line, and the company refocus on the aspirationally named American rare earths sector. From the website, the tilt is likely to be towards the confusingly named (for some) La Paz prospect:

La Paz Rare Earth LLC (LPRE) was founded in August 2019 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Australian listed company Broken Hill Prospecting Ltd (ASX:BPL). LPRE was established to acquire and develop the advanced La Paz Rare Earth Project, located in La Paz County, Arizona, approximately 170 km northwest of Phoenix. The Project is surrounded by world class infrastructure within a mining friendly jurisdiction.

Initially, LPRE staked over 1,100 hectares of unencumbered tenements which formed the La Paz Acquisition and which it now controls 100% having received all permits from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and State of Arizona Land Department.

Upon Acquisition, the Company carried out successful field exploration activities which identified higher-grade zones of mineralisation extending outside the existing NI43-101 Resource to the South West. As such, LPRE moved quickly to submit further applications on an additional 660 hectares directly adjacent to La Paz which cover these extensions. Approval is anticipated early 2020

La Paz Rare Earths Project
Rare earth elements were first discovered in the La Paz area during exploration sampling programs in mid-2010. During 2011, Australian American Mining Corporation Ltd drilled 195 percussion holes for 5,120 metres, which supported a maiden resource estimate under independent NI 43-101 guidelines. The resource displays relatively uniform distribution of total rare earth elements (TRRE) across and along strike covering a resource area 2.5 km by 1.5km. The entire deposit is exposed at surface, or lightly concealed by alluvial cover. It is open at depth and is currently defined to 30m below surface.

LPRE initially plans to conduct low cost exploration activities (focused on advanced metallurgical test work programs) leveraging the vast historical expenditure on technical data sets from previous explorers

Reactions
@barney 's share picking act.....how will it end, stay tuned to find out. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just to confirm what a trader of doom I am @Trav.:rolleyes: lol

I did end up having a small crack at this when it was still BPL.

Bought some at 0.02 and averaged down (yes I still do that;)) at 0.012 Ended up selling the lot on 12th May at 0.019 for around +15% so overall it turned out ok.

There might be another trade in it sometime but the current Volume is a bit wishy washy so on the fence for now.

Reactions
Stumbled on this forum having just bought BPL shares recently after reading about the US Govt. imperative to find rare earth miners outside of China. They absolutely need to find substitutes for Chinese mines. Then was very surprised to see the name change from BPL to ARR (American Rare Earths) this week. I reckon this is a fantastic long-term play for just peanuts. ARR 100% owns the La Paz, Arizona rare earths mega-reserve. Give it 12-24 months and they will be mining, I reckon.

Dona Ferentes

NEMO SIBI NASCITVR
Reactions
Stumbled on this forum having just bought BPL shares recently after reading about the US Govt. imperative to find rare earth miners outside of China. They absolutely need to find substitutes for Chinese mines. Then was very surprised to see the name change from BPL to ARR (American Rare Earths) this week. I reckon this is a fantastic long-term play for just peanuts. ARR 100% owns the La Paz, Arizona rare earths mega-reserve. Give it 12-24 months and they will be mining, I reckon.
Welcome.
Time will tell as to its play-ability. Been drilled over by the big hitters. 1100 + 660 Ha isn't mega ( not in this neck of the woods). Rare earth concentrations are low; dispersion has to be JORCed. And underfunded minnows need capital.

That said, the China nexus will be broken.

Garpal Gumnut

Ross Island Hotel
Reactions
Welcome.
Time will tell as to its play-ability. Been drilled over by the big hitters. 1100 + 660 Ha isn't mega ( not in this neck of the woods). Rare earth concentrations are low; dispersion has to be JORCed. And underfunded minnows need capital.

That said, the China nexus will be broken.
It all sounds like the Black Knight with shares pouring out of this company.

btw Where does the +660 come from. I thought it was just 1100 Ha which is 1100 sq.km . Sounds like 11 is someone's lucky number at ARR.

gg

Garpal Gumnut

Ross Island Hotel
Reactions
post #8 - scroll up
On digging, excuse the pun I can't see it anywhere else than #8., that it got the approvals. Anyway its not important. A ton of fun between the hills and the troughs on following google links all the way to NZ and other companies and forums.

gg

Dona Ferentes

NEMO SIBI NASCITVR
Reactions
Initially, LPRE staked over 1,100 hectares of unencumbered tenements which formed the La Paz Acquisition and which it now controls 100% having received all permits from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and State of Arizona Land Department.

Upon Acquisition, the Company carried out successful field exploration activities which identified higher-grade zones of mineralisation extending outside the existing NI43-101 Resource to the South West. As such, LPRE moved quickly to submit further applications on an additional 660 hectares directly adjacent to La Paz which cover these extensions
ha ? Ha. Eh? Que? Oya. Mira. Mind U, confusion cos USA still on acres?

Reactions
It all sounds like the Black Knight with shares pouring out of this company.

btw Where does the +660 come from. I thought it was just 1100 Ha which is 1100 sq.km . Sounds like 11 is someone's lucky number at ARR.

gg
1100Ha is only 11 Sq.km

Garpal Gumnut

Ross Island Hotel
Reactions
ARR took off today. Big volume and over 50% gain to close at 5.4c.

Unable to post a chart at the moment due to busyness.

gg

Reactions
ARR took off today. Big volume and over 50% gain to close at 5.4c. Unable to post a chart at the moment due to busyness. gg

Lol ... I used to own a few of these back when they were BPL ... Good decision to offload them ... not :oops:

Interestingly, I compare what they have and how far advanced they are compared to VML. If this can go up 50% in a day off the back of positive trenching results, any "near-production" Rare Earths Co's could go ballistic .. I live in hope ... might even take up smoking cigars, lol:cigar:

ps Just to note ... ARR market cap is still tiny so plenty of room to improve

Last edited: