Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AQZ - Alliance Aviation Services

System

Administrator
Reactions
Alliance Aviation Services Limited (AQZ) is a leading mining services company providing fly-in, fly-out ("FIFO") transportation to the mining and energy sector through a fleet of 25 aircraft. Alliance also provides ad hoc charter and ACMI services to a range of corporate and Government customers.

http://www.allianceairlines.com.au

Reactions
Anyone following AQZ? Recent drop has share price below IPO price of $1.60 to $1.50ish. Growth in revenue and earnings still strong. P/E is about 6 and div yield is 6.8%. No adverse news has been reported apart from founding director resigning. Any ideas as to why price has dropped?

Reactions
Is anyone buying AQZ? PE 6.4, Dividend Yield 7.4% with some growth forecast in 2013/14.

Any ideas on why selling so cheap? Perhaps not much confidence in fly in / fly out mining market...

Bir

Reactions
AQZ good or bad company.

I like airlines company.Is alliance aviation service ltd is a good company.is it overvalued or undervalued any suggestion. Thank you.

Reactions
Re: AQZ good or bad company.

I like airlines company.Is alliance aviation service ltd is a good company.is it overvalued or undervalued any suggestion. Thank you.
Congrats for your maiden post and welcome to ASF.
I would leave the answer be given by competent chartists if the share price is over or undervalued.
My observation on Alliance:
1. Heavily discounted from the IPO price.
2. Even their FIFO is booking is good but if you see gone are the days when Alliance planes were highly booked by the FIFO guys are not the same. Yes, they got a new contract with St Barbara Leonora but the numbers are not there. What is the manning level of St Barbara Gold Mines at Leonora (I still fondly remember my first gold company back 1993 Sons of Gwalia now SBM)
3. Looking into their financials - could not ignore the level of gearing and cashflow.
4. Personally on my emotion or ethics I did not like the company's principles or lack of it. Whereas they operate only in Australia and generates revenue from Australian workers going on FIFO, for $1.7 M benefits they have retrenched so many Australians under current market to move their business to Europe. I am sure they would have been more patriotic and achieved same savings by cutting down the percentage of commissions of the board members and other areas of cost efficiency.
To me emotion is also a driving factor in business making Bill Gates, Andrew Forrest and likes to donate so heavily for humanitarian causes. Trust Alliance will look at least towards common Australians.

Reactions
bump
gaining traction...and being noticed.....good rep, ok contracts,....dir's have skin.

Mr Bear

Businesses don’t change often, perception does..
Reactions
Recommended this back in November at $1.50, taken awhile for the market to take notice. Management have done a good job over the past year.

rnr

Reactions
Recommended this back in November at $1.50, taken awhile for the market to take notice. Management have done a good job over the past year.
2018-10-06 AQZ [ASF].png

Price consolidating at support - ready for an assault on the ATH?

Mr Bear

Businesses don’t change often, perception does..
Reactions
View attachment 89634

Price consolidating at support - ready for an assault on the ATH?
Could be, not a technical trader so not much to add there, I know there is still good insto support but I’ll be selling out shortly, doesn’t meet my valuation criteria anymore..

greggles

I'll be back!
Reactions
The Alliance Aviation Services share price is spiking this morning after Qantas announced that it has taken a 19.9% stake in the company. The AQZ board stated that it has not yet received any approach from Qantas.

Takeover on the cards?

AQZ up 8.3% to $2.49.

big.chart-AQZ.gif

Reactions
Hello all
Just revisiting this thread after long time watching Alliance has made many non believers like me to be wrong after return of miners in business.
But no posting for a year. What the holders/ followers/ chartists think of this stock now?

Dona Ferentes

Baron Samedi
Reactions
Alliance Aviation Services (ASX: AQZ) provides charter aviation services in Australia for the mining and resources industry and private group domestic travel. The Australian business currently operates a fleet of 20 Fokker F100, nine Fokker 70LR jet aircraft and five Fokker 50 turboprops.
In June 2019, AQZ announced the acquisition of five Fokker F100s from Swiss airline Helvetic Airways, as well as its inventory of spare engines, parts and tools. The deal builds on AQZ's purchase of 21 Fokker aircraft from Austrian Airlines in 2015, and by the end of this calendar year AQZ expect to have 44 planes operating in total. This purchase positions AQZ as the largest supplier, behind Fokker, of engines and spare parts in a market of growing customer demand.

There have been a couple of F100 crashes, most recently in Kazakhstan. Weather at the time had the temp at -12C, well below the dew point with high probability of clear ice forming. A Palair F100 crashed on takeoff in 1993. Dutch investigators attributed the cause due to ice formation on the wings. A crash at La Guardia was similarly attributed to wing ice.

After the loss of an F100 operated by an Air France subsidiary, the European Aviation Safety Agency mandated the fitting of on-ground wing leading-edge heating systems. EASA noted:
"During the last few years at least two serious winter operation events with [the aircraft] are known to have occurred, associated with leading-edge ice contamination, as a result of which the two aircraft were written off."
Without being too ghoulish, at least flying to NW WA, ice would be less of an issue.

Reactions
In June 2019, AQZ announced the acquisition of five Fokker F100s from Swiss airline Helvetic Airways, as well as its inventory of spare engines, parts and tools. The deal builds on AQZ's purchase of 21 Fokker aircraft from Austrian Airlines in 2015, and by the end of this calendar year AQZ expect to have 44 planes operating in total. This purchase positions AQZ as the largest supplier, behind Fokker, of engines and spare parts in a market of growing customer demand.

There have been a couple of F100 crashes, most recently in Kazakhstan. Weather at the time had the temp at -12C, well below the dew point with high probability of clear ice forming. A Palair F100 crashed on takeoff in 1993. Dutch investigators attributed the cause due to ice formation on the wings. A crash at La Guardia was similarly attributed to wing ice.

After the loss of an F100 operated by an Air France subsidiary, the European Aviation Safety Agency mandated the fitting of on-ground wing leading-edge heating systems. EASA noted:

Without being too ghoulish, at least flying to NW WA, ice would be less of an issue.
Ha Ha
Just going to airport to fly on a F 100 plane :)

Dona Ferentes

Baron Samedi
Reactions
I wonder if there'll be a rebound for Alliance? Change will come, but not overnight. Offshore oil rigs would be n exception, I guess.
The coronavirus crisis will prompt mining and energy companies to permanently reduce their reliance on fly-in fly-out (FIFO) workers in favour of those that live close to mines, says federal Resources minister Keith Pitt.