• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

AQP - Aquarius Platinum

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by Mikepaus, Feb 1, 2006.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. Mikepaus

Mikepaus

Hi
    This stock has been moving well but in the last three weeks Has rocketed from an 11.30 Low to a high close of $14.84. The only reason I can see for this kick was it's acceptance on the FTSE 250. I' might just tighten my stops on this got in at $10.30 in November so feeling pleased with this run.

2. mime

mime

Re: AQP Aquarius Petrolium

If it's an energy stock the rise could be because of the oil price.

3. rawb

rawb

Re: AQP Aquarius Petrolium

It's AQUARIUS PLATINUM and you actually hold stock in something you don't know the name of?

4. Mikepaus

Mikepaus

Sorry Guys

I did know it was aquarious platinum, Ive must have had a brain fart.

Mike

5. GreatPig

GreatPig Pigs In Space

Opened up 6.5% this morning, on top of what has generally been a great run over the last few years.

As someone once said, this is the dawning of the age of Aquarius... :D

GP

6. ARB

ARB

Hi there

Given platinum prices may indeed head south time to take some profits. This stock has had a good hard run.

Short sellers should take a look at AQP.

7. mmmmining

mmmmining

8. SXR

SXR

I also tend to agree all the Platinum stock in South Africa has moved strong in the past month with the Platinum price increase but AQP has some form of resistance i am unable to pinpoint the reason they are also 100% BEE compliant even more so than the other mines

9. Gundini

Gundini

Have you ever seen a stock sooooo sick?

Platinum price going up, AQP going down... I just don't get it...

This stock was $42 at the end of March, now $34.50 :eek:

Major support around $33.40, but this one is sadly out of favour...

I honestly don't know why, do you? :confused:

10. daveo1

daveo1

Possibly the uncertainty involved with industrial disputes?

"SA platinum and gold mine strikes may spread

South Africa's National Union of Mineworkers says mining companies have hardened stances against ‘not unreasonable' union demands

Strikes are currently ongoing at Simmer and Jack's Buffelsfontein gold mine near Stilfontein in the North West province and at Aquarius' Kroondal and Marikana platinum operations - both located on the western limb of the Bushveld complex.

Buffelsfontein has stopped underground mining and is losing more than R1.8 million every day the strike is prolonged. The strike went into its second day today.

Aquarius has not quantified the revenue or ounces it is losing in the unprotected strike that kicked off on Wednesday night, but said Kroondal is currently sustaining 15% of production and Marikana 60%.

Kroondal delivered 102,079 PGM ounces last quarter (April 2007) and Marikana 30,148 PGM ounces.

Striking workers here are employed by Murray and Roberts Cementation (MRC) and are taking action over the dismissal of 130 underground drivers, said NUM. "

With this stock being listed on numerous exchanges it may affect its share price??

remember this is only general info available to anyone that looks!

DYOR

holding aqp:dance: or:swear:

11. reece55

reece55

OK, my first proper attempt at an EW chart - wavepicker, Nick, Kauri et al have a laugh!

Looks to me like we have a little further to fall here... nice move today, but the general trend here looks corrective. By my count we are nearly at the end of a corrective wave b before down to a C. Wouldn't be adding a long position here at the moment.

Cheers
    Reece

Attached Files:

12. mrWoodo

mrWoodo

I bought in at 36 a few days ago :eek:
    Know nothing of wave stuff, hoping this is simply a dip. What was wierd tho was how well it's climbed after the news of the strike :confused:

Attached Files:

13. Gundini

Gundini

Might be a good time to have another look at AQP.

Massively discounted from it's $42 high, and sitting on a solid support level around $29.80. Also undervalued on current earnings.

Not sure about trying to catch a falling knife though, but AQP does run hard when the negitive turns around.

Anyone know why it has been punished so badly?

Yesterday the jewellery wholesaler posted on the Gold thread re lack of demand for Gold. Maybe it's the same story with Platinum?

14. Miner

Miner

Hi
    Does any one know why AQP is getting flogged continuously with galloping rate ? It slumped continuously at an average of 8.5% today and last three days .

Just platinum bad news or more to it ?
    It is a dividend paying company as such with interests more than platinum.

Regards

15. aleckara

aleckara

I would say it is the platinum price since in the past month it has fallen by 25% and still falling rapidly.

That probably equates to more than a 25% drop in revenue considering the cost pressures as well.

Was thinking this was a good short yesterday. However at this stage I'm not sure whether platinum is bottoming out or not. Should of taken the punt.

16. Miner

Miner

Good feedback Aleckara and thanks a lot.

Since I wrote AQP posting it has turned up. However it is down for Platinum price fall and the volatility IMO has been added up with general market trend and hope market (and AQP) will have some stabilisation (upwards or downwards) depending on the outcome of RBA meeting .
    Regards

17. Miner

Miner

Further to my posting I have found some thing from Mineweb site

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page35?oid=58728&sn=Detail

" On Monday, amid an ongoing rout in most anything to do with commodities, dollar platinum metal prices smashed down around USD 100 to well below USD 1,600 an ounce, triggering further profit taking in listed platinum producers. The world's three Tier I platinum miners - Anglo Platinum, Impala Platinum, and Lonmin - have now each declined by 40% and more in just a few months

During these months, it has been widely said that the fundamentals for platinum were probably the least controversial of all commodities. However, given the extent of the dollar metal price decline, some 32% from the historic record USD 2,301 an ounce seen in March, the platinum flurry now appears to have been a mania, similar to that seen in recent years in the likes of nickel, lead, zinc and uranium."

For more details please refer the link :
    Life is not an easy one to play :confused:

18. aleckara

aleckara

I don't think the RBA meeting will matter too much to the pricing of the metal. Australia is small fry, and we are not a major platinum consumer compared to the rest of the world. When I entered a platinum position I considered it speculative (e.g if fuel cells were to ever become mainstream) and it is a long term hold (although not in AQP, I hold PLA). I see weakness in the platinum market at the moment and most PGM's seems to be down trending pretty consistently.

19. kam75

kam75

This is a good one to get in on now if you like to buy cheap. Been smashed like everything else last year but has formed a good bottom now and broke out yesterday on increased volume. Since mid december 08, OBV has changed profile and begun to rise, showing a sign of accumulation. If you look at the chart, there's various gaps to fill at 5.71, 6.67, 7.58.

[​IMG]

20. Miner

Miner

AQP used to be a fantastic company . With commodity falling prices it has been tanking constantly.

Last night's financial result from 10 cents dividend to nil plus phenomenal loss (see attached) will probably turn the share price of AQP into deep cut today.

Insult to injury more bad news coming with Zimbabwe government's compulsion to have 51% indigeneous ownership very soon means AQP is looking for life line to get out :mad:

I have been following AQP for some time with a hope to get into it but appears with precious metal market it is just not wining at all

Disclaimer : I do not hold AQP

Attached Files: