Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Anyone use Smart Portfolio online stock portfolio website?

Puc

Reactions
Hi there,

Anyone used Smart Portfolio's online stock portfolio management?

I would be interested in getting some feedback. I like the fact that it gives you an automatic email summary of the status of your portfolio.

Julia

In Memoriam
Reactions
If you're using an online broker you get this for nothing anyway.
Why would you pay for it?

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions

I would be interested in getting some feedback. I like the fact that it gives you an automatic email summary of the status of your portfolio.
Yep, i joined maybe 7 months ago when it was free (and cos i joined a long time ago i get to continue using it for free :)) ive ever used the auto email thing...just log on when i do a trade or have something to enter.

2 things bug me with the site...the fact that its FIFO by default with no other option and the fact that some stock codes it can quote...i actually had to email the dude to get him to add one of my stocks to the list.

Other than that its a nice handy site...doubt i would ever pay for it thou, anyway i ended up just paying the $300 for stator because there were no high quality free or low cost alternatives that i couldn't find some sort of fault with.

skc

Goldmember
Reactions
Hi there,

I have a free account from way back as well. No idea that you have to pay for it now... how much are they charging?

To me it has reasonable interfaces and reporting function, but it really doesn't do a great deal more than your home made spreadsheet imo. It also doesn't handle partial position close very well...

Reactions
Sorry for dragging up a old thread - anyone know if there is a free alternative to SmartPortfolio.com.au? I use it quite a bit just for dummy portfolios, to practice my strategies etc, but not sure it's worth paying for.

Reactions
Hi there,

I have been in the market looking for one, check these people out, they are new and I believe they are good. UNIP Australia. I have started using them for my SMSF. So far I am impressed with them. Website http://unip.com.au

Julia

In Memoriam
Reactions
I have been in the market looking for one, check these people out, they are new and I believe they are good. UNIP Australia. I have started using them for my SMSF. So far I am impressed with them. Website http://unip.com.au
Thanks for that jnalad. Have you yet had the tax return and audit completed for your SMSF? If so, what sort of presentation did you receive? Did you send them all the relevant documentation electronically, and did you then download and have to print off for yourself the final documents?
Their prices are extremely reasonable.

Reactions
Hi there,

Hi can anyone tell me what has happened to Smart portfolio software ? It appears not to have been updated since September last year ? I had invested days of time logging over 20 years of investing , drp's etc , only to have the website crash !! I went to renew my subscription , as I do every year at tax time , and I found it didn't accept payments and has locked me out of my data ! This is a lesson in why NOT to use cloud based software ! Has anyone had a similar experience ?

Reactions
Hi can anyone tell me what has happened to Smart portfolio software ? It appears not to have been updated since September last year ? I had invested days of time logging over 20 years of investing , drp's etc , only to have the website crash !! I went to renew my subscription , as I do every year at tax time , and I found it didn't accept payments and has locked me out of my data ! This is a lesson in why NOT to use cloud based software ! Has anyone had a similar experience ?
I have had a friend who was also using this site, initially I believe it was free. There is nothing is free, people get caught at the end. Plus this system uses FIFO method, I personally believe this is not the best method. LIFO is a better option. I use unip portfolio at www.unip.com.au and so does my friend who recently got caught with smart portfolio. Try it out and you wont be disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that jnalad. Have you yet had the tax return and audit completed for your SMSF? If so, what sort of presentation did you receive? Did you send them all the relevant documentation electronically, and did you then download and have to print off for yourself the final documents?
Their prices are extremely reasonable.
I enter my details into the platform. I only send documents as required for audit, all my reports are generated from the platform that I use at www.unip.com.au I usually enter my trades as I go along and not leave this until year end.

Reactions
Sorry for dragging up a old thread - anyone know if there is a free alternative to SmartPortfolio.com.au? I use it quite a bit just for dummy portfolios, to practice my strategies etc, but not sure it's worth paying for.
If you are still looking for a portfolio service then try this site out www.unip.com.au I guarantee that you wont be disappointed. I have been using this for the last 2 years since they launched.

- - - Updated - - -

It has nothing to do with a Cloud based application, a company offering software can also go out of business so don t blame the cloud based platform. A person can loose everything on a computer if it crashes. I use this new cloud based platform. www.unip.com.au and I am very happy with it. It also saves me doing my own back-up as they do it for me.