• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: Amibroker vs. Insight Trader

1. frugal.rock

frugal.rock "Time weight's on man"

Seems to me you have answered your own question?
    Haven't used either, but you can't go past the support available on the forum for Amibroker.
    Bit like buying a new cheap car with the dealer being miles away, after sales support /warranty is hard and time consuming?
    However, there may be another forum active for Insight Trader, there's a forum or multiples of, for everything these days!
    Is it active though?
    Best of all, the support here is FREE... ! ;)
    Cheers
    F.Rock

Rsthree and qldfrog like this.
  2. Sir Burr

Sir Burr

I've used both. Things might have changed but a highlight of Insight Trader you could backtest fundamentals easily as you download data automatically but I only had a brief look at fundamentals and moved on from Insight Trader.

Think original reason I moved was Amibroker is cheap with a big userbase. It had a great Yahoo Group at the time but now has a dedicated forum and Thomasz (owner) listens to user requests and regularly updates the software. There is loads of code out already written to play with and if fundamental data is your thing there are ways to backtest that too.

These days I have no idea if they have different functions but I'd at least compare that before deciding. Also, what the upgrade policy is between them.

You can see here the continuous Amibroker updates: http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/?s=upgrade

frugal.rock and Rsthree like this.