• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Alternative to CMC Markets

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by baam, Jun 25, 2019.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. baam

baam

Hi guys,

I'm currently using CMC markets but looking for an alternative option for an online broker.

Initially was quite interested in Interactive Brokers but found out that the Australian entity is not SIPC insured nor is it CHESS sponsored (is there any way to register with the US LLC entity?).

My main trades are international (US) equities and ETF's, around 1 or so trades a month. Mainly looking for low fees with either CHESS or SIPC protection.

Any suggestions? Thanks, sorry if this has been posted before.

2. HelloU

HelloU

welcome
    at one etf trade a month, with chess and low fees, selfwealth may be a worth a look there for aussie.

3. baam

baam

Thanks for the suggestion and fees looks good but SelfWealth doesn't appear to support international trading. I do a fair bit of US equities too.

4. HelloU

HelloU

"selfwealth may be a worth a look there for aussie."

for the international part ...... my head says IB for ur listed US requirements (but u have already said no to them) so ......

(note: i assumed ur etf was aussie cos u said chess - chess is aussie)

good luck

5. aus_trader

aus_trader

Hi baam, I have been with IG markets for a long time. They offer both Aussie (asx stocks) and international such as US stocks and equities. Established in 1974 so they have a good reputation as a broker who has been around for a long time.

They offer "refer a friend" scheme where you can get $100 free credit for opening an account with them.. If you are interested, use the link below for get the $100 bonus:

www.ig.com/au/refer-a-friend?referralID=f041fddee0b328e773c26ab40befeb7c

6. HelloU

HelloU

aus_trader likes this.