• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

ALP Mates Appointments: ABC Compromised

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Garpal Gumnut, Oct 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Garpal Gumnut

Garpal Gumnut

Does the stench of the last government never end.

A report in the Australian tends to compromise one of their star performers, a former Whitlam staffer, Barrie Cassidy.

When will the legacy of the last 6 years end?

One wonders whether the independence of the Insiders programme has not been compromised by this appointment.

I would expect a statement from Barrie before 8am Queensland Time on Sunday.

gg

2. Country Lad

Country Lad Off into the sunset

Re: ALP Mates Appointments : ABC Compromised

What independence?

3. MrBurns

MrBurns

Well what a scandal, Cassidy should be kicked out of the ABC immediately......but of course they'll squirm their way round it.

4. Judd

Judd

A beat up. The position is unpaid. All he gets is a line on his CV.

5. McLovin

McLovin

An unpaid job on The Old Parliament House Advisory Council? This is worse than Watergate!

What's their most important role, deciding on whether the fridge magnets or the teaspoons are put at the front of the gift shop?:D

6. MrBurns

MrBurns

Shows he shouldnt be hosting anything political on the ABC

7. Judd

Judd

Utter twaddle. It shows nothing of the sort.

8. MrBurns

MrBurns

The ABC is supposed to be neutral, Cassidy isn't and is now a proven Labor supporter, he must go.

He has demonstrated his bias time and time again, you cant use the ABC as a platform to support a political party you are aligned with.

9. Judd

Judd

Taking your flawed logic to the extreme, every journalist or employee of a media company should resign forthwith as everyone has a political point of view, as do I, yourself, and every other Mother's son and daughter in this nation.

They have a right to have a political point of view and to express it, as do you. However, as long as they are not profiting from it and allow others to express an opposite point of view it seems reasonable to me they can retain their position of employment.

Now what's the next matter of national and political importance to discuss. The elitism of Tony Abbott because he may use the designated male toilets rather than the unisex ones?

10. MrBurns

MrBurns

You don't seem to appreciated the difference between having a political point of view and using the public broadcaster to further their interests.

11. overhang

overhang

Not the biggest scandal but never the less its not a good look and I would question if Cassidy could remain impartial, I don't think he is the type to bite the hand that feeds. Given this I feel he should step down as political commentator for the ABC.

12. Garpal Gumnut

Garpal Gumnut

It is the secrecy with which the appointment was made, that creates the stench.

It could be argued that Cassidy is an innocent in this, that the former Minister should have announced the position.

Yet, Barrie Cassidy must have been aware of the appointment, and chose not to disclose it, while running an ABC political programme through the election.

Had I, Garpal Gumnut, been made Chairman of the Old Parliament House Advisory Council by a dying, decaying, decrepit ALP Government , I would have announced it to this forum, lest there be any hint of partisanship, on my behalf.

gg

13. MrBurns

MrBurns

And I do believe you would have ol' chap. , you're a scholar, a gentleman and a mathematician.:)