• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: AEF - Australian Ethical Investment

1. qldfrog

qldfrog

as long as mandated, Super is a never ending source of extra money as long as the demographic curve is right..
    so just slower growth but growth anyway at this stage recession or economic collapse does not even matter for them

Knobby22 and mangojoe like this.
  2. Sharkman

Sharkman

i suspect that sort of rotation would be part of it. the capital has to find a home somewhere and the banks have been under the cosh lately. look at the huge runs that blue chips like CSL and WOW have been on since the start of Oct (not quite the same percentage wise as AEF, but impressive nonetheless), then superimpose the huge falls that most of the banks (except CBA) have suffered over that time.

mangojoe likes this.
  3. mangojoe

mangojoe

qldfrog likes this.
  4. qldfrog

qldfrog

Got some share a while back, we are talking 3-5 y ago but results were not impressive at the time and i went out

5. qldfrog

qldfrog

Based on trending /fashion, should do well and end up trading above nva based on name

6. mangojoe

mangojoe

[​IMG]G'day all, I'm new here and still consider myself a beginner with stocks, so bare with me. I'm just wondering what am I missing about this stock. :)

I understand that green investing is getting more and more popular now and many Aussies may make the switch to this super fund. They had positive news with funds under management up 21% (reported in October). Dividends increased by 25%. Though these good news are not new, recent years were similar.

Though like already said in this thread since July the stock has more than doubled with a real spurt the past weeks. PE ratio is at 64. The stock however is not making much news or getting coverage at all. But still there seems to be a hype. Are people/institutions dropping other finance stocks in favor of AEF? Is this overheating?

I couldn't find recent analysis of the stock. It was in the news for it's super fund here though:

https://www.smh.com.au/money/super-...r-feet-on-climate-change-20191125-p53dsw.html

https://www.investordaily.com.au/ma...rporate-models-are-disrupting-asset-allocatio

Analysis of April: https://www.fool.com.au/2019/04/17/...estments-share-price-is-now-up-7x-in-5-years/

7. mangojoe

mangojoe

AEF is once again storming higher faster than the others. I'm wondering ... doesn't a looming recession and big increase of unemployment mean less cash inflow for super funds in general?

8. qldfrog

qldfrog

I talk superfund generally, not AEF investors.people who will withdraw super might actually do it for tax reason and top it back as voluntary contributions.the ones withdrawing in distress will have smaller accounts, and month in month out 10pc of salaries still drop in
    Do not worry for super funds as a whole...but yes hospitality super funds will be hit, or airlines etc