Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Advice for a newbie (1 Viewer)

Reactions
Hi guys,

I have a few questions that I need some answers too.

a) I’m worried that I’ll sign up to a dodgy website, what are some safe websites that I can use to invest in currencies, shares and commodities? Which is also connected to multiple stoke markets around the world. Ideally, I am looking for low transaction fees; brokerage without advice.

b) I am unsure how to invest in commodities (gold, oil, coal, iron ore). Do I find companies that trade heavily in the particular commodity (Ie Rio tinto = Iron ore) I am interested in and hope that the company’s shares will be heavily influenced by the commodity market? Or is there a way to invest directly in a commodity?

c) Similar to my question with commodities; Is there a way I can directly invest/convert my currency into another country’s currency?

Thanks everyone!

Jimmy

Reactions
I would not simple jump in. Many traders do that and it usually costs them a lot of frustration and money. Read some trading books (classics are always good) to get an idea about the different trading concepts and build slowly from there.

Reactions
Hi guys,

I use oanda no problems

I have a few questions that I need some answers too.

a) I’m worried that I’ll sign up to a dodgy website, what are some safe websites that I can use to invest in currencies, shares and commodities? Which is also connected to multiple stoke markets around the world. Ideally, I am looking for low transaction fees; brokerage without advice.

b) I am unsure how to invest in commodities (gold, oil, coal, iron ore). Do I find companies that trade heavily in the particular commodity (Ie Rio tinto = Iron ore) I am interested in and hope that the company’s shares will be heavily influenced by the commodity market? Or is there a way to invest directly in a commodity?

c) Similar to my question with commodities; Is there a way I can directly invest/convert my currency into another country’s currency?

Thanks everyone!

Jimmy
I use oanda no problems

Users who are viewing this thread