Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

21st Century Education w/ Richard Branson

Reactions
Hadn't heard of this specific event but have definitely heard of all the keynote speakers.

Would have to put Jamie McIntyre and 21st Century academy in the 'scammy' group. I've never actually attended any of their plethora of seminars however anyone I've spoken to who has pretty much gets G'd about how they're going to change their life, then when they realise they have received no actual practical advice nothing changes.

I read Tim Ferris' book the 40 hour work week. I particularly liked how he was able to win kickboxing comps in China.

I'd be curious to know how the event goes, feel free to post what you thought of it. Maybe I'll end up attending one Mr. McIntyre's events one day ;)

Reactions
Hadn't heard of this specific event but have definitely heard of all the keynote speakers.

Would have to put Jamie McIntyre and 21st Century academy in the 'scammy' group. I've never actually attended any of their plethora of seminars however anyone I've spoken to who has pretty much gets G'd about how they're going to change their life, then when they realise they have received no actual practical advice nothing changes.

I read Tim Ferris' book the 40 hour work week. I particularly liked how he was able to win kickboxing comps in China.

I'd be curious to know how the event goes, feel free to post what you thought of it. Maybe I'll end up attending one Mr. McIntyre's events one day ;)

Regardless of what backlash Jamie McIntyre and 21st Century Academy get in these forums, there is some great information at their seminars.

If you ignore the spruiking of the various "use my course to make you rich, but you have to sign up NOW for the special bonuses" then there is actually some really good content to get you thinking outside the box about what sort of life you lead and how to achieve your goals.

I signed up as a member of 21st Century Academy last October, attended the 4-day seminar in March and have had some massive changes in my life and finances since then. If you go into the course and seminars with the expectation that you're going to be handed the magic formula to go from rags to riches then you'll be sorely mistaken, but if you approach it from a position of "what are the possibilities other than my 12hour work days as an employee" (as an example) then you will probably get something out of it ....

Reactions
I have to disagree...

I received one of their 'scholarships' this year and attended their last seminar in Brisbane. Outside of the 'mindset' and 'motivation' aspects of the seminar there was ZERO actually education on the share market/derivatives/property etc...

All the speakers just spruiked the 'high returns' of their products and/or education program. None of them expained any mechanisms, trading techniques or tools/tips to make a profit by investing. One gentleman suggested his product returned 40% a month. When pushed with how, he said you'd have to come along to his seminar. When pushed for evidence, he pointed to the Japanese earthquake - the truth of his statement he made a one month return of 40% and never justified any of his other trading months.

In saying all of that... I do believe the first day or so where you work on goals, motivation, mindset is fantastic. However, the sad case is most who attend lose that motivation within 2 months (likely much less). I would also argue that you can get this same information/support for free by utilising youtube/web/books.

I wouldn't go as for as to say it is a scam, however, I would say buyer bewar and proceed with caution.

Regards,

Jayvan Ruddick-Collins (BAppSci)
- Managing Director of Resultz Personal Training and Fitness Studios

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
Mmmm .... I smell sizzling sausages.

I watched the video too.

Wysiwyg

Everyone wants money
Reactions
I'm going to go just to hear Richard Branson talk.
I see him living a life of extravagance while his Virgin Airlines business runs at a loss. He gives me the impression of a smooth operator. One who could talk anything up.

Has VBA ever been profitable?

Reactions
... I do believe the first day or so where you work on goals, motivation, mindset is fantastic. However, the sad case is most who attend lose that motivation within 2 months (likely much less). I would also argue that you can get this same information/support for free by utilising youtube/web/books.

I wouldn't go as for as to say it is a scam, however, I would say buyer bewar and proceed with caution.

I agree completely with this and that was pretty much what I was saying in my post earlier ... if you're going to get techniques on investment and real information and strategies then the 21st Century seminars aint the place to get it ... it's all general and geared around sales of the speaker programs for the nitty gritty .... the advantage that I see is the information on goals, motivation and mindset that you outlined above.

Hence my comment that if you ignore all the sales and focus on the perspectives then you'll get a lot out of it .... the loss of momentum afterwards is something that is just human nature with an intensive seminar. My wife and I attended the 4-day event in Brisbane that was in March and have made a conscious effort to maintain momentum and make decisions that move us forward and we are in a hugely improved financial and personal situation then when we attended. The problem with these things is that it's not a "one size fits all" even though it is kind of marketed that way.

Personally I didnt sign up for any of the financial programs on offer there but I did sign up for a personal development program which has been 100% worth the money spent (even though I could have cheaped out and got the info for free off the web).

Just my perspective.

Reactions
Personally I didnt sign up for any of the financial programs on offer there but I did sign up for a personal development program which has been 100% worth the money spent (even though I could have cheaped out and got the info for free off the web).

How much was the cost of the Personal Development Program?

Compared to getting it all for free off the web !

Reactions
How much was the cost of the Personal Development Program?

Compared to getting it all for free off the web !

If it's worth the money then I'm happy to pay .... it's up to you what value you put on your own education and in turn what value people put on your information/services.

Makes me laugh that people bitch about costs etc of education courses but then are perfectly happy to fork out $100-150 per hour for a trades person to do whatever ... is the person who took the time to put together a course not allowed to recoup their time and material costs?

Reactions
is the person who took the time to put together a course not allowed to recoup their time and material costs?

The problem is the info they provide isn't worth the money.

Case in point, the info surrounding options re. covered calls is bs and dangerous to newbies. Makes me laugh how newbies think they have been given info that is only privy to 21ca members.

Then of course 21ca tell the noobs, people who don't believe their spiel are skeptics and "losers" who will never progress in life because these people lack the "millionaire" mindset.

Reactions
Personally I didnt sign up for any of the financial programs on offer there.....

Mazzatelli, you're an ex-member or attended a seminar?

Like I said previously, I didn't buy a program on CC, options or any other trading methods as I did my due diligence and decided that they weren't worth the money ....

Reactions
Mazzatelli, you're an ex-member or attended a seminar?

Like I said previously, I didn't buy a program on CC, options or any other trading methods as I did my due diligence and decided that they weren't worth the money ....

No, came across it on forums when people turn up asking about it - i.e. the famous "share renting" threads. Watched some of the bs on you-tube and their website and its no different to other organizations that try to convince its (potential) members that they can provide all the "answers", cult-like.

By your own admission you could have got the personal development info for free. My advice to people other than yourself considering the same material, get it off the net.

Reactions
By your own admission you could have got the personal development info for free. My advice to people other than yourself considering the same material, get it off the net.

To clarify my statement ... I could have accessed it off the net without paying for it ... it wasnt offered for free. So I made a decision based on conscience to respect the copyright of the author.

Reactions
To clarify my statement ... I could have accessed it off the net without paying for it ... it wasn't offered for free. So I made a decision based on conscience to respect the copyright of the author.

My original interpretation was that there is equivalent material relating to personal development on the net that is free, rather than download a torrent/dvdrip/book etc of the 21ca material.

My opinion still is the same, their material is useless.

@Tysonboss - yes lets go get that boat!!!
Favourite quote from that "we will train you, so you can educate other brokers to execute it for you!"

Reactions
My original interpretation was that there is equivalent material relating to personal development on the net that is free, rather than download a torrent/dvdrip/book etc of the 21ca material.

My opinion still is the same, their material is useless.

So just as an observation, you've made the assumption that any information available on the internet offered freely is actually equivalent to information that you have never actually seen ... What is available on the net relating to 21st Century Academy is a fraction of the whole thing.

P.S. I never said that the program that I purchased was a 21st CA program.

Reactions
So just as an observation, you've made the assumption that any information available on the internet offered freely is actually equivalent to information that you have never actually seen ... What is available on the net relating to 21st Century Academy is a fraction of the whole thing.
Yes I make the assumption based on what I've seen in their other material as well as affiliates (of which have also been discussed in this forum).

I did my undergrad in Commerce, postgrad in Math. Have dealt with derivatives (vanilla and exotic) in both quant and trading divisions in banks and institutions. Naturally I call bs on the majority of their financial strategies.

But maybe they have saved all the integrity for the personal development program.

P.S. I never said that the program that I purchased was a 21st CA program.
Personally I didn't sign up for any of the financial programs on offer there but I did sign up for a personal development program which has been 100% worth the money spent (even though I could have cheaped out and got the info for free off the web).
So this program you signed up to is not affiliated to 21ca? Since the context of the paragraph doesn't seem to reference to any other organisation

Reactions
I don't know much about share renting because i've never been to one of those seminars.

Do they explain how to dig youself out of a deep hole/pit in the event of a market meltdown :confused: Maybe a share rental pro can shed some light.

Reactions
But maybe they have saved all the integrity for the personal development program.

So this program you signed up to is not affiliated to 21ca? Since the context of the paragraph doesn't seem to reference to any other organisation

Correct ... separate to 21st CA, but he was a guest speaker at a seminar I attended.

Having said that, the concepts about mindset etc. that were covered by Jamie McIntyre as part of the seminar were very much in line with the Tony Robbins type teachings which DO play a major factor in the results that you get from your pursuits .... this was very much of value.

Reactions
I'm going to the National Achiever Congress in Sydney next week to see Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki.

Probably something similar? I'm very much looking forward to this. I went last year also when Branson was there.