Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

2012 General ASX Market Discussion

Reactions
Germany’s contraction last QTR to be largely ignored whilst it is supported by a much lower Euro. Bond Auctions in Euroland Spanish and Italian looking much more reasonable tonight, very positive sign for markets at this point!! Strap in!

Reactions
Yes January/February were good.

Now a fall in interest rate from the RBA and a bluster from the world's best treasurer have seen the all ords turn upwards again.
I hope it gathers momentum before anyone says "Greece".

Reactions
For what it is worth I have been this year less hopeful about big gains from the XAO and concentrate on calculated entries and small gains.

An example is FMG which I have been in and out of all year.

Slippage is a problem, so you have to be careful.

FMG goes up and down at a considerable rate.

If you only trade long you need to pick a turning point on high volume and enter, watch it carefully and get out once you have made 10% +.

Until the XAO marches up beyond 5000 I cannot see a longwave of profit.

A chart of FMG.

Look at the retracements and the recovery on high volume, and the capitulation after 10% profit, over the last six months.

gg

Reactions
For what it is worth I have been this year less hopeful about big gains from the XAO and concentrate on calculated entries and small gains.

An example is FMG which I have been in and out of all year.

Slippage is a problem, so you have to be careful.

FMG goes up and down at a considerable rate.

If you only trade long you need to pick a turning point on high volume and enter, watch it carefully and get out once you have made 10% +.

Until the XAO marches up beyond 5000 I cannot see a longwave of profit.

A chart of FMG.

Look at the retracements and the recovery on high volume, and the capitulation after 10% profit, over the last six months.

gg
Makes sense. I agree about the current market. And for long only trades, to play it even safer I would choose a stock bouncing around long term lows or significant support.