Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

2010 FOOTBALL World Cup

wayneL

Rotaredom
Reactions
Not long to go now.

... and the All Whites just handed Serbia a whoppin'.

Reactions
Re: Soccer World Cup

Hopefully Australia play a bit better in their warm up matches Vs Denmark and the USA than they did Vs New Zealand.

Bookies have Australia as 4th favourite in their group to advance to the next round, but a win and a draw was enough last time round.

Reactions

Never heard of it.

Football world cup is coming up though:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions

Germany have never lost an opening match in the World Cup. Hey but that's history! ;)

Good luck Aussies!

Timmy

white swans need love too
Reactions
I thought 2010 Diving World Cup would suit as a title?

Reactions
I thought 2010 Diving World Cup would suit as a title?
At least Grosse, whose dive cost the Aussies last time around, has not made the Italian squad this time around.

'Hand of God' is a distinct possibility as Maradonna is the gaffer for the Argentines.

Reactions
Its Soccer. End of story. Change it back :p:

We're not the Footballeroos are we, didn't think so, we're the SOCCEROOS :D

skc

Goldmember
Reactions
The Aussie squad is virtually the same as the last cup, except everyone is 4 years older, wiser and probably slower. Where are the next generation young players? The Aussies better play well this time... or we will have to cheer for the NZers in the next cup.

Timmy

white swans need love too
Reactions
The Aussie squad is virtually the same
I thought Mathew Mitcham was named in the squad? My bad ....

Anyways, I am looking forward to a Greece v. Germany clash. Should be some good biffo.

Reactions
I thought Mathew Mitcham was named in the squad? My bad ....

Anyways, I am looking forward to a Greece v. Germany clash. Should be some good biffo.
That's if Greece make it out of their 1st round Group.

At the moment plenty of Aussies think we will flog Ghana without Chelsea midfielder Essien. In all honesty we will be lucky to beat Ghana, if anything they will probably beat the current Socceroos. We have 2 forwards of any note (those being a beanpole forward Josh Kennedy and an almost burnt-out Harry Kewell.) If they can't score we're ****ed. Out in straight sets. It's players like Bresciano (out of fitness, but great first touch) and Brett Emerton (usually a running machine) that will produce results. But in the absence of pressure and fitness the Australian team looks unlikely at present to advance beyond the group stage. Just my opinion.

Good luck Aussies.

Reactions

I'm tipping Spain or Argentina (based on talent) with an African nation to make the semis (Cote D'Ivoire with Kalou and Drogba).

Not confident of Aussies making out of the Group stage with Garmany, Ghana and Serbia in there.

Please, Wayne, it is the Football World Cup!

Maradona has lost the plot, so l'm a little bit iffy on Argentina.
Spain, or Portugal, maybe.
African nation, maybe.
Holland, l fancy though!
Australia, l don't like their chances to be honest.

Like l said before, it will be a hard one to pick.

Reactions

Like l said before, it will be a hard one to pick.
That's where I totally 100% agree DannyBoy80.

I tuned into the Australia vs. Denmark game and endured the barrage of vuvuzela's (excuse the spelling). Anyone who can focus on what they are doing during this process deserves to win. But from a spectator point of view. You might as well cheer the Springboks minus the vuvuzelas. :confused:

For the Aussies to have any chance, the fanatics need to take over at least 500 didgeridoos to use during game time.