• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

1,500 member survey... how did you find Aussie Stock Forums?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joe Blow, Jul 14, 2005.

How did you find Aussie Stock Forums?

1. Word of mouth

11 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. I clicked a link on another website

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Search Engine

86 vote(s)
    72.9%
  4. Other (stated below)

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Since we've just passed the 1,500 member mark, I thought I'd ask a question I've been wanting to ask for a while but was just waiting for the opportunity...

How did you find Aussie Stock Forums?

Could everyone please vote on the poll! :D

P.S. Please feel free to elaborate.

2. RichKid

RichKid PlanYourTrade > TradeYourPlan

I think I used a search engine (Google?). Tried out a few sites at once and settled on this one as there were many beginners and very helpful and friendly members then- I'm glad to see it has continued! I also liked your helpful nature Joe, the simple layout of the forums and the fact that registration was easy and not too complicated.

3. Mofra

Mofra

Like Richkid, a google immigrant

4. ice

ice

Someone in the course of a post on Hotcopper mentioned this as a far superior site.
    They were right.

ice

5. andrew_c2o

andrew_c2o

interesting I just went to hopper copper and they ask for donations after every post. They say it costs $4000 per month to run the site, if I'm not mistaken it's only a forum, how can it cost $4000?? Their hosts must really be ripping them off :eek:

6. dutchie

dutchie

Can't remember exactly how I found this Forum but I think it was through a search engine (Yahoo).

I liked the layout, ease of joining and realised after reading a few posts that there was a lot of information freely given that would fast track my understanding of share trading.

Well done to you Joe and thanks to all the great contributors on this site who keep amazing me with their generosity of time and knowledge.

7. dana22

dana22

Hi, I only joined today.... I also found a link on HotCopper. I have been on HotCopper for about 3 years. I like both sites although HC seems to have way to much arguing and abuse. I don't post very often but I read most things.

8. ob1kenobi

ob1kenobi

Hi Joe! I got the link for this site out of a book I had bought on Share Trading: called "Introduction To Share Trading". As I've said elsewhere, one of the best kept secrets in the financial world! Keep up the good work!:2twocents

9. RichKid

How did you vote Andrew? Was it a search engine? It'll be interesting to hear your views on your experience so far as you've just joined.

10. Julia

Julia In Memoriam

Hi Joe,

Congratulations - membership reflects the quality of the site and its management.

I Googled in "share market discussion", was presented with several options, looked at them all, and found ASF to be the best with easy registration and patient explanations as I found my way round the site.

For me, although I've not been a member for very long, I truly appreciate the feedback I've received, not just in shares questions, but in matters of a more general or personal nature as well. Thanks a lot to everyone.

Julia :p:

11. mit

mit

Around for a little while. I think it has a very diverse group of people TA, FA, Day Traders and those option guys who just make my head spin. Other forums seem to have a single focus and members tend to bully those who think differently. Which is a shame as there are a lot of ways to make money.

MIT

12. Milk Man

Milk Man

I typed in "austalian stock forum" on msn- what a coincidence!
    Just lucky now that I look at other forums :D

13. DTM

DTM

Found it on google search. I was looking for a site/forum where I could learn new things about trading. Talk about hitting the jackpot early first time up.

This is a far superior site due to people actually taking time out to assist each other. :)

Well done Joe and Management. Keep up the good work.

14. Battman64

Battman64

Search engine I think.
    A nice friendly forum.
    Thanks.

15. andrew_c2o

andrew_c2o

I found the site through a search engine, I can't remember the exact term that I used. I think it was "stock forum" or something

16. excalibur

excalibur

I think I googled: australian stock market chat.

I just wanted to get a bit of "eventual" background information of some stocks that I posess and of others that I have on my watchlist.

Well if you guys scrub my back...I`ll scrub yours.
    Living in germany and speaking 4 foreign languages fluently gets me around quite well
    :D

17. Milk Man

Milk Man

I'll send you as many kangaroos as you want for a RUF 3400S (upgraded porsche boxter) :D

18. krisbarry

krisbarry

Probably due to the volume of posts. If you have a look at the date/time of posts it would appear to be the busiest stock discussion board around.

BTW, I found ASF via a google search

19. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

ASF doesn't cost quite that much to run but unfortunately continues to be cash flow negative.

Incidentally, if anyone wishes to make a donation towards the running costs of ASF, please see the Paypal button at the bottom of the page. :)

All donations accepted gratefully. :D

20. RichKid

I'm sure I'm being naughty but maybe we can click on the google ads a bit more- just out of curiosity perhaps to see where it leads? Maybe when this site becomes famous we'll get more sponsors to subsidise the cost for you Joe?