Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum


  1. J

    Investor strategy survey

    Hey everyone, i was curious, with such a variety of strategies and methods of valuation etc how the results would all pan out if put in a concise manner. Upon thinking about it i thought asking about strategies, returns etc would be quite invasive so the survey is entirely anonymous. I...
  2. R

    Why Negative Thinking Makes You A Better Investor

    What does going into space and investing in the stock market have in common? Both activities engaged in a high risk, high uncertainty environment. Whereas astronauts have to deal with the risk of 526,000 gallons of propellant blowing up beside them during takeoff or the shuttle disintegrating...
  3. R

    Looking for an investor/accounting tutor

    Hey guys I am looking for a person to help me with investing/accounting so basically if I am going through an annual report and there's stuff I don't understand then I can ask. I also needed help with this certain book. I am willing to pay. Theres always way too many questions to ask on a forum...
  4. B

    Day Trader versus Investor

    Hi All I am a Day Trader (>1000 trades per mnth). I am also new to Australia and need to set up a company. What type of company should I set up as a Day Trader rather than an investor and how do I need to convince the ATO that it is a Day Trading company and every trade needs to be taken...
  5. S

    New Investor's Journal

    Hi all, I've been reading through the forum trying to glean as much information as I can. It seems to be a really friendly forum and I look forward to learning more. I've started to take an interest in investing over the last 3 months and finally took the plunge this week, on Monday. I...
  6. W

    Investor or trader: overseas shares for tax purposes?

    Before asking my account, just like to find out from people trading in overseas shares in offshore brokers such as IB. When it comes to tax time does the ATO's take into account these overseas activity when determining if you are an investor or trader? I have contacted the ato about this...
  7. VSntchr

    What would you need to quit your job and become a professional investor?

    This has been on my mind for a while. I would like to create this thread in order to get a scope of interest of what other people think is a sufficient amount of capital to get out of the workforce and take on investing as a full time profession. Whilst traders are welcome to participate in...
  8. A

    Hubb Investor - Questions about share investing programs/applications

    Hey guys! The other day i got alot of help here so i might return :) I am brand new to investing, and i have decided to not purchase a program and just stick with hubb investor as it is free. I am ok with using it but how accurate is it? is there a 20 minute delay or more? All i...
  9. V

    The switch from investor to day trading

    The switch from investor to day trading I have been contemplating making the switch from investor to trader. To make the move I will have to cash in about 30% of my current holdings to raise capital keeping the remaining 70% for long term stock. On the capital I will have for short term...