• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Westpac online broking crashes!

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by 3 veiws of a secret, Jul 12, 2006.

1. 3 veiws of a secret

3 veiws of a secret 3 veiws of a secret

AAAAAH with two lines just about to be bought ! Westpacs lights go off!!!! MERCY MERCY MERCY! any updates?

2. 3 veiws of a secret

Scrub the thread lights back on!!!!

3. Profitseeker

Profitseeker Well-Known Member

It often does crash. Very fustrating. They still seemed to think the were justified in putting their fees up :mad:

4. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member

How much is it now?

5. 3 veiws of a secret

actually "HAPPY " I was told that Westpac plan to set themselves up for the options market???? lets crystal ball here -rumour says...... December2006/Jan2007..........now ask me if I trade options ,alas not yet, but reading the Greek encyclopedia,has to help!

6. DOC

DOC Well-Known Member

I'm a westpac user as well,
    I find their service and information to be excellent , providing things like the indicative price, company research, and real time pricing , and more.

pricewise its about $24 a trade. not bad.

7. Profitseeker

I do agree Doc but they did raise they price from 20 to 25. For that increase I would have like to have seen some more products offered such options or the ability to trade in overseas markets. From the customer surveys that they have been doing it does look like it is the pipeline though. I felt that the increase in brokeage fees was just a ploy to push you into one of their financial accounts or to use their margin loans.

8. Realist

Realist Billie Jean is not my lover

Use Commsec!!!

Only time I've ever seen it down is on a weekend.

9. 3 veiws of a secret

I've been ripped off I pay 29.95 I think to the exact cent per trade .........the only gripe I have :is when you read their friday bulletine reports ,they would say something along these lines ....consider buying in at XXX cents .....week latter they revise their advice as HOLD,or ACCUMALATE (ie a downgrade) or suspend coverage due to price movement,or whatever -I see this nit-picking for sure but overall I never trust myself, let alone Huntleys ,but I have to take the plunge sometimes. I suppose if what they say is buyable(if there is a word ),and I agree with their reports -I go for it AT MY PRICE!............
    Finally I just wish they would consider the FT and other o/seas bourses...... OOOOH Hong SENG Kong would be Grand!

10. Duckman#72

Duckman#72 Well-Known Member

Yeah so have I.

I was reading in Money magazine that it was $24 per trade plus GST but I have been getting charged $30 including GST per trade?

DOC are you a premium subcriber to get your $24 + GST.

Overall Westpac are much better than they were 12-18months ago - the dropouts were horrendous and you had to keep logging back in after 10mins of inactivity.

Duckman

11. RodC

RodC Well-Known Member

$24.95 if you settle via an "integrated account" (Westpac CMA or BT margin loan) $29.95 otherwise, the rates are on the website.

Rod.

12. Profitseeker

What a differnce a few days make. This weekend Westpac have upgraded their site and it is a lot better and has alot of additional information. Feeling happy with their service again.

13. utedog

utedog Member

what annoys me is that they obviously didn't listen for customer input. their website is still as annoyingly to navigate as it has always been. one example. there is no easy way to get from the watch list to a detailed price display. you always have to re-enter the code. and... is it just me.... or is the new westpac site awfully slow compared to the old one? I'm on 1.5M broadband and the information is just trickling in... all other internet sites are fast....

14. 3 veiws of a secret

MATE HAVE I GOT SCHISSER'S with WESTPAC TODAY............and guess what CRASHED landed again!

15. niknah

niknah Well-Known Member

westpac broking

Anyone else using westpac broking?

They seemed to have slowed down alot in the past few days, especially during trading hours.

16. Rough_Trade

Rough_Trade Active Member

Hello niknah

I am experiencing the same problems with Westpac as well. It all started after their site upgrade last week. Their broker site up till now has been very good and I ve been impressed with the speed when placing orders in the market. Hopefully this is just teething problems and we should be back to normal soon (I hope).

Cheers Roughie

17. DOC

DOC Well-Known Member

Sorry to get back to you so late, i've been away for a month.
    but, yes i have a premium account if i make 6 trades or more within a 3 month period. However that does not effect the price, its $24.95/ trade regardless of your subscription.

And i also would like to see overseas markets available at westpac as well, that would be great.

cheers,
    Doc

18. 3 veiws of a secret

Any Westpac dealers/traders experiencing problems ????

19. Kauri

Kauri E/W Learner

Yep, just came back on...

20. nioka

nioka Well-Known Member

Apart from today's "on and off" I am consistantly getting announcements posted a lot later than I can get them from the ASX site. This is very inconvenient at times. I try and use the premium research in association with a watch list or a detailed quote when I am expecting a trade sensitive announcement and find I am getting announcements too late. Yesterday there were announcements on this forum many minutes before they were on the Westpac site. Does anyone have the same problem with other brokers?