• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The European - Refugee/Migrant/Welfare Chaser/Humanitarian Crisis

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DB008, Sep 19, 2015.

1. DB008

DB008 Well-Known Member

As we have seen, there has been a massive influx of migrants/refugees/welfare chasers into Europe of late.

U.N HCR estimates that there are almost 60 million people who have been displaced by the war/terror in the Middle East.

So far, Germany and Sweden seem to be open/pro boarders, while other countries are closing theirs (Hungary and Croatia). It also looks like some Middle Eastern countries (Saudi/Qatar) aren't taking any refugees at all. Saudi Arabia said it would give money to build 200 mosques in Germany, but not food/water/shelter to displaced people in their own country....

There has also been 'in fighting' of Turks and Syrians in Germany/Switzerland already, will it get worse?

My opinion is that Islam and Western Culture will never mix and there will be a huge problem in Europe soon (5 - 10 years from now), I hope I am wrong. The tolerant are inviting the intolerant to their country.

Please discuss and keep it civil, and also reference your quotes if possible. No tin-foil hat please.

2. qldfrog

qldfrog Well-Known Member

3. dutchie

dutchie Well-Known Member

2050 - Muslim Europe breaks out in civil war, refugees/migrants/better life chasers flee to Russia.

4. luutzu

luutzu Well-Known Member

60 million people displaced; some 9 countries are at war since Operation freedom something or other; 15 years and now Russia and the US are just getting really serious about where their jets are parked... and these welfare and economic migrants just want to jump on a boat and some of them and their children die, floating to shores to make us feel bad about ourselves.

Why don't they just stay where God intend them to be... I mean, it's not like we play politics and puppeteer or send in our jets or something.

Clash of civilizations? Are all people within any drawn up border brothers? Like Assad and the Syrian brothers who's fighting him and the Syrians who's fleeing from his armies?

5. SirRumpole

SirRumpole Well-Known Member

I think it's a matter of countries not wanting to inherit the sectarian problems of other countries and cultures, so yes borders are there partly to maintain a "way of life" and protect the values of those countries.

There has been no history of Muslim-sect vs another-Muslim-sect vs Christianity in much of Western Europe or Australia, so why should they/we allow the peace that we have developed over the years to be contaminated by other peoples' inability to solve their own problems peacefully ?

6. luutzu

luutzu Well-Known Member

I don't think the value is worth protecting if it allow us to turn blind eyes on suffering and prejudge an entire people. Though I know what you mean but if we think about it, we plebs ought to leave such "clashes of civilisations", us and them... leave those to the Masters of War and their map-makers.

Most of us are apolitical. We just want to study, get a job, afford a family, and enjoy the simple things in life. All these religious and cultural differences... they're all superficial and created to either divide or unite, depends on the mood and ambitions of people whose craziness we couldn't begin to imagine.

7. DB008

DB008 Well-Known Member

No bombs falling on your heads, not in a warzone? Check

Shelter/accomodation? Check

Food/water - Check

No one telling you to convert or die? Check

Sweden, you have failed...

Asylum seekers stage protest over accomodation​

8. SirRumpole

SirRumpole Well-Known Member

"We" are not turning a blind eye. We are taking an extra 12,000 out of refugee camps. The US says it will take 85,000 next year and 100,000 the year after. Europe is taking as many as they can handle, but some refugees want to tell those countries how to run their refugee programs and will end up on welfare costing billions. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

9. luutzu

luutzu Well-Known Member

Didn't the UN estimate 60 million displaced?
    From what I read, all the neighbouring countries have taken in 2 millions or more each.

We drawn our line pretty close aren't we. And it's not like the 12,000 extra Syrian refugees were taken in our of kindness... it's a political ploy, like the date 9/11, is when new major operations always commences over there.

10. luutzu

luutzu Well-Known Member

Let's take that article at face value... so we have refugees like that.
    We also have Australians like you too mate.

If we use you and your cut/paste as representative of what Australia is, it'll scare the heck out of people too.

11. Macquack

Macquack Well-Known Member

I reckon Gerry Harvey "Harvey Norman" and the like, love refugees. More demand for televisions, beds, lounges, washing machines, ovens, cooktops, refigerators etc.

What is the true economic effect of mass immigration?

One obvious outcome to me is rampant "inflation". The refugees must have money to survive and the f***ing banks love this desparate situation to fire up their "credit creation" fraud on mankind.

12. sptrawler

sptrawler Well-Known Member

For once I agree with you, wonders never cease.:D

It is a way to introduce competition into the labour market, and also inject new money and demand in the economy.

13. luutzu

luutzu Well-Known Member

Businesses would love refugees for the low wages and sweatshop working conditions in Australia, guys like Harvey and his HN can't get a buck out of refugees for at least another 20 years.

My dad did some sign work this VNese refugee who made a fortune starting with one old truck and a lot of old furnitures he refurbished and resell to other refugees. He got them from St Vinnies or off the streets on collection day and give it a good clean. Ends up with a good sized chain, where Dad said his business model was then to follow Harvey Norman and undercut them.

There's also this refugee who started fixing used car radios after his work hours, sell them at Flemington on weekends and now literally own most of the shops in Canley Vale. Though some of his radios might not have been completely adandoned or used if you know what I mean... but that's just me.

But for every one of these good stories you get a number where, I guess they don't like to be call refugees ever, would go buy $5K, $10K handbags and wouldn't be caught dead living in suburbs where refugees live.

14. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

My home has been free range, inter alia, for ethnic kids and as adults many of them still turn up, especially for loud shows and tea parties. The second gen Australians with Viet parents are doing quite well for themselves ; one is busy buying pharmacies, a couple are doctors, one a sleazy real estate person, another a banker, etc. the boys have a come a long way from machete fights and drug hookups ...

.... I like to think 'me and my own' gave them some help along the way, their parents overtly happy with us for the safety net (good thing I eat Asian dude food:D). I just parted employment ways (last week) with one of the mid twenties girls who was suffering confidence issues (a fairly common Viet female custom it seems) and she's off to ply her original trade as a degreed professional.....she even carries my degenerative sense of humour now, such a pretty face, such a potty mouth :D

luutzu, I remember having one of those roof painters come and do my home at the time and in friendly conversation he fessed up he was a general in the south viet army..... I was rather impressed how he just got on and earned a crust without the malaise of lost power, influence and wealth.

15. luutzu

luutzu Well-Known Member

That's awesome Tisme. I always wanted to meet the Aussies who directly help refugees like myself.... don't know what to say when meeting them but yea.. .now there's you and Ifocus on the forum, small world.

You and your family sure had gone a long way helping us out... the sleazy agent, well we can't have it all, sometime nature just does its things :)... the lady with confidence issues, maybe that's from having your sense of humour causing her to have no friends but can't really pin point why she always upset people, haha

Pretty sure I can speak on behalf of the Viet refugees that we owe a heck of a lot to Australian generosity... pretty much everything actually. There's a few real politician among us, that i actually know, who pay lip service and salute the flag and stuff, but yea, just about every one I know do know and said so in private, especially the older ones. Even the orphaned boys my age who sell drugs and knock off car stereos... they know too.

I know this former SVN Navy captain... the man used to teach me guitar, though he had much better luck teaching his three kids to ace the HSC than my musical talent... We were talking one time and he said how when the South was close to collapse this Chinese merchant came to see him with two luggage of gold and jewelries, asking him to take one bag if he would take the guy and his family to Singapore on his ship when he leave. That when their families get to Singapore the guy will also give him a house there.

The guy pull out his pistol, told the merchant to scram... and I thought, wow, that's amazing... then he said, no I was young and stupid, you do stupid things like that when you're young. Soon after that he was caught and spent 15 years in concentration camp.

He said he used to work with William Cohen, I think, the guy that was US under secretary of defense under Clinton. So there's a lot of ambition and talent there that was dashed but he got on with his life and really teach his kids... the youngest one skip a couple of grades and the two older ones all top their schools.

16. DB008

DB008 Well-Known Member

A for effort...

AHMED H. HAD SEVEN DIFFERENT PASSPORTS WHEN HE GOT CAUGHT​

17. Macquack

Macquack Well-Known Member

I know the owner of a removalist company that has a nice little government contract delivering Harvey Norman packages of household appliances to refugees in Western Sydney.

My point was that even capitalists like Gerry Harvey have a soft spot for the downtrodden, as long as he is turning a buck out of their plight, which he is.

18. sptrawler

sptrawler Well-Known Member

The Italian, English, Polish, Lithuanian, Vietnamese, and other migrants, have added a lot to Australian culture and prosperity.

I'm yet to be convinced, the recent ethic influx, has the same work ethic.:2twocents

19. luutzu

luutzu Well-Known Member

Yea, got to love capitalists, they'll love everyone with a dollar, or a dollar they can shake out of.

Kinda strange then that society worship people like that.

20. luutzu

luutzu Well-Known Member

I don't think I've met or work with any recent Arab refugees, but the ones I have contracted or work with, they're actually very good and honest. There's always a couple here and there, but in general there's no difference in work ethics.