• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

IVST Solutions?

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by Buffy99, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Buffy99

Buffy99 Member

Has anybody had dealings with a Company called IVST Solutions?

They claim to have "a solution for Wealth Management" and "a solution for wealth creation".

They use some sort of software program.

Thanks in advance.

2. MS+Tradesim

MS+Tradesim Well-Known Member

From the website it looks like a black box for horse racing.....

"The Thoroughbred Industry… a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that is constantly growing… a true financial dynamo!"

"Simply download the raw data and let the software do the analysis…
    We can even do the work for you, a computer is not always necessary..."

....I know nothing about them, but I wouldn't touch it.

3. banditt

banditt New Member

i have been approached by this group, can you tell me wether you have any further info on this group.

4. Buffy99

Buffy99 Member

When I spoke to them a few weeks ago, they said that they had limited licences and only 8 left issue.

This makes me very sceptical that they are still approaching other people.

Very little information about them when I googled them also.

Cheers

5. banditt

banditt New Member

i spoke to them today they have 1 spot left offered it to me for 4000 balance to be paid when account reaches 25000.

6. MS+Tradesim

Do you guys really believe there are "limited" licenses left? That's just a sales ploy to convince you to make a snap decision. It goes something like this...

"This fantastic product normally costs $8950. But hurry because we only have 5 licenses left."

Next phone call....

" For a limited time we're offering it for just $4900. You only have to put up $2500 now and when you've made your fortune you will be invoiced for the balance. But you need to act now. There are only 2 left."

You are being conditioned to believe you're getting a bargain and that it's so popular only a few remain. This is BS marketing 101. They have as many "licenses" to offer as there are gullible people to sign up. If you hand money over to these people you will probably never see it again and in a few months time you'll be wishing you'd never handed over a cent.

7. Timmy

Timmy white swans need love too

The only reason I am quoting this whole post (with some extra underlining so even fools can understand) is 'cause it deserves to be repeated ... over and over again. There was another thread recently about some horse racing punting thingo, this is what I posted there, paraphrased slightly:

8. MS+Tradesim

Follow the paper trail...

IVST Solutions was previously called Investec Solutions Pty Ltd. They changed their name 19/1/09.
    http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=130343976&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1

That company is facing a hearing tomorrow in the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal of NSW, under its previous name.
    http://esd.cttt.nsw.gov.au/Hearing/HearingList.aspx?LocationCode=2170&referer=www.clickfind.com.au

Warning bells yet?

The domain "ivstsolutions.com" was only registered on 15/4/09.
    http://www.seanic.net/system/whois?domain=ivstsolutions.com&dispraw

They don't have an Australian Financial Services License. Which means they are not recognised and accountable
    under Australian regulatory oversight of the financial industry. They are not offering a genuine financial product.
    They are selling a gambling (horse racing) program.

9. banditt

banditt New Member

stop the bus i'm jumping offhttp://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif:eek:

10. letsdoit

letsdoit New Member

Thanks for the info MS+Tradesim, they contacted me also, initial price was quoted as $7900 on 22/05/09, with 4 'licences' remaining. They then said there was a brand new option of fronting $4000 with the remainder to be paid once the account had reached $10000. This was offered to me on the 26/05/09, and I was told there were now only 2 'licences' remaining. I was also told that they wish to clear all their licences by the end of this month (May), so will be interesting to see if they continue contacting more people after this week.

When I asked them for more information, they told me to type their web address into the address bar, and not Google the company name, as their webpage was 'difficult to find' using Google. I'm fairly sure the guy I was speaking to just knew that this forum would be the first thing to pop up if IVST Solutions was searched for... didn't want me finding out the truth.

Bad luck, won't be ripping me off.

11. MS+Tradesim

Good to hear, letsdoit.

12. Womble

Womble New Member

I just had a call this morning asking to join, No mention of how many "Licences' remained, but she did say they were limited and running out fast. I fobbed her off with I need to discuss this with some other people and was a bit short on money (Was given the pay half option) and have done a google to find this forum.

Thanks, They won't be hearing from me in the near OR distant future. :)

13. MS+Tradesim

14. SANDGROPPER

SANDGROPPER New Member

sandgropper has done a bad thing and payed over some money to this spam ,is there any way of recovering any of it or is it gone .partner pressed me into it yesterday 12/6/09 .i saw this blog to day13/06/09:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

15. artsam

artsam New Member

Hi

I have just been approached with the same story but a slightly differrent angle.

This is from a company called JBC Financial sevices. First they contacted me by phone and asked if they can send some information on a new investment proposal. I said ok as I did not see any harm on this.

Next I got a call from one of their "investor advisors" who said for just $8900.00 one off payment and a $14.00 monthly fee the company would provide me with a software package and daily ASX share data updates. The system apparently uses 250-300 edifferent formulas to analyse the data and returns a recommended list for investment. The returns, based on historical data, are apparently very high.

As the usual spill goes the number of licences are limited and that only 60 were allocated to my state. When he checked there were only six left. He also said there would be no more licenses offered. He would not give me any meaningful information on the company, the product or offer a trial use.

When I told him there was no way I would hand over $8900.00 without knowing who I was dealing with and that I wanted to do some research first he agreed, with his management's approval, "to hold" one license for me until Monday'.

He also gave me the web site "globaljbc" to look at, which is used by their clients to dowload the daily data updates. Unfortunately there is little on that to shed any light.

I did a bit more research on the company but other that the fact it is a private company registed in London, there was nothing else.

The caller provided me with his name and phone number to call if I had any questions and he will call me back on Monday.

I started a thread in this forum (JBC Charting software) but had no feed back yet. Given what is being said here l smell a rat.

Has anyone else had any experience with these guys?

16. investorpaul

investorpaul Well-Known Member

It amazes me that people still need to ask these questions

It is very simple if someone rings you up offering an "amazing package" at a "discounted rate" for a "limited time only" its a scam through and through. The only action you need to take is hanging up the phone.

17. artsam

artsam New Member

Thank you investorpaul. I am not naive but I think these forums are ideal to raise these issues and expose new scams as they come up. Otherwise without a means to share information and gain the knowledge, these scammers will use their charm to convince even people that "think" they are smart.

I know if its too goog to be true it usually is not. But then again people play lotto and the odds there are even worse.:)

18. CapnBirdseye

CapnBirdseye Well-Known Member

19. MS+Tradesim

I don't know mate. Approach them at first. If you get bullied, stalled or the run-around go to the consumer protection body in your state.

20. MS+Tradesim

Artsam,

I haven't heard of them but that means nothing. These guys pop up over and over with different company names and the same crap product rebranded for each new incarnation.

All the indicators of 'scam' are right there in what you said.