• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

How would one find a Mentor?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by aBadTrader, Sep 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. aBadTrader

aBadTrader Well-Known Member

Lol - as a loner this is hard for me to ask but I have come to the point where I need the experience of another person to enlighten me into this harsh game of ours. All metaphors aside, have you in this forums had a mentor, and if so, how did this help you in your education?

If it just so happens you were mentored, how did you get into it all?

2. Trendnomics

Trendnomics Well-Known Member

Never had a mentor, but sometimes I wish I had one - the earlier you can find a trading strategy that works the better (time in the market is just as valuable as trading capital).

But...I probably would not have followed his/her advice anyways - the young and naive always knows better.

3. aBadTrader

aBadTrader Well-Known Member

Trading Strategies haha. I am sure many here have one. The successful traders have to have one. And I wonder, have they all developed strategies purely from reading chart action? Hence my post. Looking for familiar setup-s in charts; gets me thinking that ten thousand others have taken the same route.

4. Trendnomics

Trendnomics Well-Known Member

Horses for courses: You should be seeking positive expectancy, rather than chart set-ups.

5. CanOz

CanOz Every day above ground is a stellar day!

I'm happy to help in any way i can. I'm trading EU hours for the foreseeable future, if that works for you and you're interested in intra-day equity index or CL/GC.

CanOz

6. skc

skc Well-Known Member