• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Can anyone tell me about Kodari Securities (KOSEC)?

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by stocksrus1000, Oct 31, 2011.

1. stocksrus1000

stocksrus1000 New Member

Kodari Securities is licensed under romad which is currently suspended. has anyone signed with kosec? and can kosec do business at the moment even though Romad Financial Services is suspended?

2. TeleSonic

TeleSonic Active Member

Re: Can anyone tell me about Kodari Securities KOSEC?

My understanding of the situation, from talking to another Romad rep is that they (Kodari, and any other rep of Romad), cannot engage any new clients at this point in time.

Romad have a hearing with the AAT in December. Keep in mind that ASIC didn't suspend Romad's license, or ask them to sign an EU. They cancelled it, which means even if the AAT overturn ASIC's decision, it still leaves ASIC with a number of options to restrict Romad's operations and the way they conduct business.

3. Plumber1

Plumber1 Well-Known Member

Kodari Securities or Kosec looks very dodgy. Its website was only registered last month (August 2011) so it is hardly likely to be one of "Australia's leading Investment Advisory firm" (as it states on the Kosec website).

Also, there are absolutely NO details as to who the Directors, Executives or traders are for the company. If that doesn't ring very loud alarm bells to anyone sending them money, then you deserve to lose any money you send them.

Also, the link to Romad should ring alarm bells. Romad is in serious,very serious trouble with ASIC.
    Kodari Securities or Kosec is their representative. Therefore Kosec is legally prevented from opening any new accounts.

Their office is a serviced office, a virtual serviced office. The players behind this company could be anyone and anywhere.

4. Claire372

Claire372 New Member

My experience with Kosec has been positive. My return has been app. 30% and I've always found them to be responsive. I recently visited their offices in North Sydney and met with their directors, who were very professional.

5. investorpaul

investorpaul Well-Known Member

Here we go again!

One every single week without fail

6. matty77

matty77 Well-Known Member

fail post is fail.

7. MACD

MACD Well-Known Member

Claire372, Howcome it's always a newbie that posts their first post or reply on such topics, and always seems to defend the company or system in question as to their credibility and worthiness?

I find this very hard to believe and as such would definately not place any credibility with a newbie posting for the first time - maybe it's just me.......

8. trader045

trader045 Member

I know these people for a long time, they provide exceptional service in relation to the stock market, what they do is they study almost all the stocks, they check their fundamentals see what is their book value, how much each share earns, how much dividend is being paid, PE ratio, etc. then they have a computer program that screens them according to certain requirements. then they do a qualitative analysis and check the management, their project and how much possibility for growth exist in future, where the company is going, why the price is cheap, the sector etc. they also evaluate the amount of risk the investor is taking, how much debt the company has and the sensitivity of the price in relation to the volatility in the market and the amount of interest compared to earnings per share and also the intrinsic value of the stocks. then they combine this with technical analysis and they can tell you when to enter or exit the market their service is very valuable and can generate high returns, they are also very transparent and they know their stuff.

The head of the company is Michael Kodari who used to work with Roger Montgomary and John Abernethy and he is a distinguished figure whom the Money magazine had interviewed him last month or the month before (article about gold). the company is located at

Level 7, 122 Arthur St
    North Sydney 2060
    Contact No: 8065 7693

any person can pay a visit and have a friendly chat with them. They dont have any licensing issue!! they have been operating under the license from romad with restriction for new clients lately . last week they had some license offers from other companies and they should have got a new one by now (unrestricted) one problem they have is they don't update their website regularly

It might be hard for the plummer to digest the above material I personally recommend him to check the facts next time before making a fool out of himself!!

Regards

9. investorpaul

10. investorpaul

Wow, way to come across as a complete a** ****

What career choice a person has made has no bearing on their ability to understand the stock market.

11. trader045

trader045 Member

Dear Investor Paul

What KOSEC does is called value investing, Kodari Securities is one of the rare companies who is providing such a service with a high quality of work through the professionals. In stock market you have to either gamble or find companies who have high quality and good price. The Intrinsic value of the company is determined by a formula that I am not going to provide it to you here you can go and buy Roger Montgomaries book. Most companies don't bother to go through all ordinaries and they normally recommend only blue chip companies who have high capital and less chance for growth. At Kodari Security they look after the clients money. they recommend the stocks which have good value over their price and a higher potential for growth that is only the discounted stocks!!

education for free

12. skyQuake

skyQuake Well-Known Member

Perhaps you have an affiliation with the company?

13. trader045

trader045 Member

Dear Investor Paul

Here we go again!!

As I mentioned earlier Kodari Securities is located in North Sydney and they moved there recently (last month) what is wrong with relocating?!!. They never had a virtual office. previously. since their establishment in 2010 they were located in Pitt street. The story about them having a virtual Office is totally absurd and untrue. Unfortunatlly you guys are having a totally uneducated and unreasonable approach about this matter. making statements whithout doing any research......... does not seem professional

14. Plumber1

Plumber1 Well-Known Member

Trader405 (another single post newbie shill for Kodari Securites just like Claire372?).

Maybe you would like to inform us as to the formal ASIC qualifications of Mr Michael Kodari and his associate, Mr Kenneth Stevens

Also their business history would be nice, seeing that there is absolutely NO information about the Directors, Executives and Traders on the Kodari Securities or Kosec website.

15. TeleSonic

TeleSonic Active Member

http://www.smh.com.au/business/roma...ancial-services-licensing-20111101-1mtwl.html

The heart of the issue with Kodari, and all Romad's other reps, is the business model is flawed. There is nothing wrong with being an "authorised rep" of a licensee, but there is the way Romad do it.

Authorised reps should be providing the products and services of the licensee, not running their own business with Romad rubber stamping it. Romad get a small mention in their disclaimer, but other than that a client wouldn't even know they are dealing with Romad.

The way I see it is these reps are holding themselves out as principal, and accordingly should have their own license. If they don't want to, or can't obtain their own license, then they should be providing Romad's services under Romad branding, or go find something else to do.

And that's where the questions come in. Why don't Kodari have their own license? All the reputable, established brokers and advisors have their own license. The only reasons firms like Kodari don't have their own license are;

1. They don't have the financial capacity to meet ASIC's requirements, or
    2. They don't have the organisational capacity to meet ASIC requirements

And without their own license their customers are exposed to counter party risk that would not normally be the case, an external AFSL.

Kodari may be very good at what they do, but there are enough reasons not to deal with a firm that "rent" their AFSL.

16. trader045

trader045 Member

Dear plumber

The comments you are making are illogical and unreasonable if you like to know about the company’s licensing and his qualification I’m sure the company or Michael Kodari is more than happy to speak to you. Having said that they deal with serious investors rather than people with time on their hands who get on chatrooms and make false acquisitions. Unless you take the initiative to contact the company or Mr Michael Kodari himself it would be to your best interest to not post any inaccurate information to make yourself look bad on this chatroom. I think that at times your comments are out of line and unprofessional.

17. matty77

matty77 Well-Known Member

HAHAHA I have never laughed so hard.

So many dodgy posts, what a joke.

Do you people honestly think coming on this forum and trying to defend what is obviously some type of scam company and actually want us to believe you? Cant wait for more people to sign up to defend the honor of Kosec. This should be entertaining to say the least.

18. prawn_86

prawn_86 Mod: Call me Dendrobranchiata

Just a note from admin/mods,

If anyone is found to have an undisclosed affiliation (be it financial/managerial etc) to a particular company they are pretending to be a client of their posts will be removed and their accounts banned as this constitutes spam (and deception) under the ASF T&C.

Cheers

19. Agentm

Agentm Well-Known Member

i think kosec is like preparation h

makes you feel good on the hole

20. Judd

Judd Well-Known Member

More grist for the mill.