• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Australian Options Market Data

Discussion in 'Derivatives' started by wat17, May 4, 2016.

1. wat17

wat17 Formerly known as 'tomwato'

My trading platform (Interactive Brokers) has just raised my fees for data to the Australian Options market from $25 to $75 a month. This now becomes a significant cost for my portfolio size.

Any recommendations on how to get live data for the Australian options market? It is only a small area of my portfolio (due to limited market) but I enjoying trading it. I don't mind paying for data just not $75 a month, for the same data I was only paying $25 a month for previously!

2. History Repeats

History Repeats Well-Known Member

Optionsxpress, free data i think but commission way higher than IB. May be also have a look at tradestation, first trade,sogo trade.

3. wat17

wat17 Formerly known as 'tomwato'

Thanks. Giving options express a go.

Even a website where I can at least put in my current trades to get a relatively recent price (can be delayed) would be good.

4. gkh

gkh Member

The Hoadley tools give you access to ASX near-live data through Yahoo.

So does Options Oracle software which is free although you need the fix for the XJO contract.

5. Serley

Serley New Member

Does anyone know where you can download end-of-day Options Market data - volumes and prices? The AFR used to print it and I used to download it occasionally from there I think, but no longer available.