• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ALC - Alcidion Group

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by System, Jun 23, 2011.

1. System

System Administrator

Naracoota Resources Limited (NRR) has acquired a tenement package immediately south of Horseshoe Metals Ltd Horseshoe Lights copper-gold mine and west of Sandfire Resources Ltd high grade copper-gold DeGrussa deposit in Western Australia.

http://www.naracoota.com.au

2. System

System Administrator

On December 29th, 2015, Naracoota Resources Limited (NRR) changed its name and ASX code to Alcidion Group Limited (ALC).

3. So_Cynical

So_Cynical The Contrarian Averager

Bought 25000 of these a few weeks ago, Alcidion develop/sell software for patient management. they have a few Aussie contracts thus have some global potential..really could be anything.

http://www.alcidion.com.au/

4. So_Cynical

Added Alcidion to my main portfolio, 73000 @ 0.047 ~ so much potential for this sort of thing, critical care management software that can integrate with some current systems or stand alone....Alcidion have seven million in cash, no debt, highly qualified board and personnel, founders and employees hold almost 50%

Lengthy but comprehensive investor presentation with commentary.
    ~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  5. So_Cynical

Alcidion having a bit of a bounce today of the recent 0.04 lows, up thru 0.053 on no news...some bargain hunters perhaps.

6. Miner

Miner Well-Known Member

They got speeding ticket and came down at .048 after a huge volume of trade.
    Interesting scrip to watch

7. So_Cynical

Yeah - someone took out all the sellers to 0.057, borderline speeding ticket..

8. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

Just wondering if past spike = fall occurrences waivers your mindset? :D

9. So_Cynical

Up down up down, all good, announcements and sales to come or it all ends in tears, another day in the market. :)

10. Miner

Miner Well-Known Member

Not only the price but the volume in last three days ! I was thinking of those who bought at 0.57 when the price went down at 0.046. But it is all good.
    Thanks to my mentor on this scrip with whom I shared my thoughts and taken his lead :D

11. So_Cynical

Closed at the high of 0.062 ~ Meeting with the NSW Minister for Health to discuss eHealth strategy and other good news flow over the last 6 weeks coincides with the up tick in share price and increase in volume, a new substantial holder announcement would not surprise.

Go you good thing.
    `

Attached Files:

12. Miner

Miner Well-Known Member

So Cynical
    Hats off to your astuteness. But how did you know about the meeting content with the NSW minister as I could see on the July report, it only talked about E Health Strategy.
    Surely you have hawk eyes to pick up the pray.
    I am however not complaining to get my money up !!!!!!!!!!!
    May be something happening to your recent tip's trading halt too. LOL

13. So_Cynical

I sold out today, both portfolios 0.064 and 0.066, been holding for 5 months in my main portfolio, sold not so much because i lost faith etc, more just needed some money to buy Santos and so i balanced this 33% winner with a similar dollar amount loser Slater and Gordon.

Will keep an eye on ALC with a view to a low reentry if the opportunity arises, hope i dont end up kicking myself for selling out.

14. Miner

Miner Well-Known Member

So cynical - you are always astute on decisions and if I could ask some thing.
    ALC - why the trading is so low ? Hardly one trade today 19 sept.
    The no of buyers is so large compared to no of sellers. But when I see the stagnant price and prices they are willing to pay to buy suggests, all are bargain hunters.
    You sold at 64 to 66 cents (good time) as current price is 60 cents and that too from one trade.
    What do you say on ALC moving forward on the above phenomena?
    Yes I am holding .

15. peter2

peter2 Well-Known Member

I've been circling this one for the Momentum Portfolio after the BO at 0.55.

The lack of market depth is the main concern for a short term trader and the reason for not including it.

I've noticed that MD on a number of stocks are very low. I'll attribute this to the ASX problems this morning and many market makers have not bothered or unable to place their bids in the market.

16. Miner

Miner Well-Known Member

Thanks Peter.
    I will keep eye on movement before selling it .

17. So_Cynical

Volume is low because most holders dont want to sell i quess, management hold a few and most of the T/O holders that wanted out have left, bargain hunters sure, you have to ask what kind of people are in that buy que? im guessing punters of one type or another.

I still like the stock just for me i felt that it was time to move on even though it would only take one good announcement to see the SP jump significantly, but could say the same about many stocks...im a little concerned that there are a few players in this field emerging and that ALC due to size and small capital may result in them getting left behind, may also result in a T/O.

18. So_Cynical

Thru 10 cents today, a little painful to see...oh well ~ current rate of climb cannot be maintained.
    ~

Attached Files:

19. Miner

Miner Well-Known Member

So Cynical
    Are you still following WLG and what is the reason that price slumped so heavily after trading halt today ? I saw the deal with Apple is not a done deal and there was a nervousness. Sorry to distract from ALC to WGL

20. So_Cynical

No idea Miner, i sold out of WGL due to the ever delayed app launch and the limited appeal of the app.