Frances Whiting from the "Sunday Mail" has some tips for you blokes on what not to buy your cherished partners. Thought maybe you could do with this help.
Btw what are you all planning to give to the love of your life?
DO NOT GIVE HER:
1. Any piece of exercise equipment whatsoever. This includes exercise bikes, Ab Blasters, Thing Swingers, Tummy Toners, Weight Belts or anything advertised by Suzanne Somers.
2. Novelty Christmas underwear - you know how you think we would really love that bright red G-string with the little reindeer head attached to the crotch and the flashing antlers? We won't.
3. Biographies by sporting greats. Hard to believe, I know, but we can think of better holiday reading than "Bend it like Beckham, the Unofficial Biography'. We could, however, be persuaded to glance at 'Bend it with Beckham' should that ever come out on DVD.
4. Celebrity perfume. We do not want to be given scents by Mariah Carey, Hilary Duff, Paris Hilton or Britney Spears, because many of us find these women annoying and have no wish to smell like them. Also there are so many scents out, it becomes confusing. Britney, for example, currently has three perfumes on the market - Curious , Fantasy, and Believe - although it is difficult to tell what Britney believes in these days. Not in wearing underpants, clearly.
5. 'The Stripper's Guide to Looking Great Naked.' This book, no matter how well intentioned, does not say to us: I still think after all these years, you are a very sexy woman. It says: I don't like the way you look with your clothes off.
6. Any product by Nigella Lawson. This includes cookbooks, DVDs, aprons, kitchen utensils or any one of the myriad gifts in Nigella's range. This is because we are jealous of her and don't want to give her any more money.
7. Kitchen appliances. If you can plug it in, whip it, chop it, blend it, toast it or julienne it, we don't want it, not least because many of us don't know what julienne means.
Good luck fellas, and happy shopping.
(from Frances Whiting)
So there you have it. Don't risk any of the above.
What do you have in mind that will ensure utter devotion from your partner for at least the first half of 2008?