I have used Commsec for my first trading experiences and recommend them to beginners.
Advantages - open a Commonwealth Direct Investment Account (CDIA) with $5000** and you get the benefits of many facilities within their website including:-
2. Advanced Charting (with usual indicators)
3. Watchlist which can show the days action or how your personal trades are faring over time (hopefully how much profit you have).
4. Prices continuously updated by "refresh" during the day.
6. CHEAP INTERNET TRADING
up to 10K - $19.95
up to 20K - $29.95
"up front" - $9.95 OR
"on execution" - $14.95 ( i.e. if no execution - no fee).
7. Margin Lending Facilities - Interest Rate 7.9%
8. 13 xx xx number for HELP - so far I have had excellent service
9. Further upgrades depending on your number of trades (or you can pay extra).
10. EOD if you have software program.
11. Company information, announcements etc.
NOTE: ** You don't have to have a continuous balance of $5000 - just when you open your commsec account
Worth going to their site www.comsec.com.au
Please check the accuracy etc of this information at their site.
PS, THIS IS NOT A PAID POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Life is as easy as you want to make it