Another IPO on geothermal energy. seems like this sector is beginning to crank up a gear. The geothermals had a marvellous run (unfortunately I wasn't on it) in the 1st half of this year.
From the prospectus :
• KUTh Energy has secured one of Australia’s largest geothermal energy Tenements, in Tasmania. The Tenement has
a number of prospective geothermal targets and the Company is primarily seeking geothermal systems capable of
supporting base load electricity generation.
• Eastern Tasmania is readily accessible and has existing transmission infrastructure, potentially minimising grid
connection costs. The Basslink interconnector can provide access to the mainland energy markets.
• KUTh Energy has also been named as the preferred tenderer for two strategically located geothermal exploration
permits in Queensland. It is also actively seeking new opportunities in Australia and later, overseas.
• The Board and management of KUTh Energy has a breadth of experience in exploration, energy utilities, company
management and the finance industry. In particular, it has a strong geophysical skills base which is essential in the
early recognition of geothermal targets.
• There is strengthening community and bipartisan support for the development of geothermal energy as
providing virtually emission free, base load electricity generation. KUTh Energy will seek to leverage Shareholder
funds through existing government grant schemes designed to fast track the sector’s development.