here's a blast from the past (got to be 10 years old) that i kept when i thought i could analyse a company. may be of use to some-one. i cannot claim it as mine, it is a cut and paste from a far more intelligent form of life than my good self.
hope it helps
1) A recurring revenue stream (that a customer base is constant).
2) Organic growth of revenues from that existing base.
3) Potential to acquire revenue streams from acquisition of new customers.
4) A product that is easily differentiated, with strong brand and pricing power.
5) A cost base that is constant or lagging revenues on a marginal base. The best base is one that is fixed.
6) Exists in a market that is expanding, and the position of the company is improving within that market, ie. Increasing market share.
7) High return on equity.
8) High operating cashflows (you can fudge profit but you canít fudge operating cashflow).
Avoid Companies that fail point #1.