The switch from investor to day trading
I have been contemplating making the switch from investor to trader.
To make the move I will have to cash in about 30% of my current holdings to raise capital keeping the remaining 70% for long term stock.
On the capital I will have for short term trade I figure I will need to make a return of minimum of 2% a week (averaged out over 1 year).
One of the main reasons for making the change will be for tax advantages.
Has anybody else made the change and if so what problems have you come across or tips of the trade do you have?