The block contains the proven North Matanda gas-condensate field, in the upper
Cretaceous Logbaba formation. Five wells have been drilled on the block with varying
results namely :
· Missellelé 1 : 1975 ; Dry and abandoned
· Pungo -1 : 1978 ; - « - - « -
· Wouri - 1 : 1980 ; Junked
· N. Matanda - 1X : 1980 ; Gas condensate discovery
· N. Matanda - 2X : 1982 ; Gas condensate appraisal
Drilled stem tests (DST) performed in the North Matanda 1X and 2X wells revealed
proven recoverable reserves estimated at 74 BCF of gas and 2 million barrels of
condensate with an upside speculative reserve base of 423 BCF of gas and 21 million
barrels of condensate, yet to be confirmed by further exploration/appraisal work.
The block is covered by 2D seismic shot by former operators Elf Serepca and Gulf Oil
from the sixties to the eigties with a total of 543 line kilometers and spacing of 1 to 3 km.