I noticed the story on 60 Minutes about Boomerang chidren. The term is used to describe children in their 20's and 30's who still live at home with their parents.
I know in my household my brother, my sister and myself were very typical of this trend. All three of us continually left the family home and returned.
Here are some of the reasons why its happening...
* Higher housing costs
* Higher education costs
* Low wages in terms of traineeships
* Longer periods of time spent in education institutions
* Overseas travel
* 20's and 30's failing to grow-up
* Baby Boomers more accepting
* Baby boomers wanting to stay "Hip/Kewl/Young"
* 20's and 30's wanting all the mod cons and not willing to save
* High debt levels