Quantcast ASF 'How do I do it?' thread - Aussie Stock Forums - Page 6

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 258
  1. #101

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nomore4s View Post
    Yes, go to top of thread and you should see a search thread tab, click on advanced search and enter username and it should come up with all posts by that user.
    thanks, I'll try it.

  2. #102

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tysonboss1 View Post
    Is there a way I can search a thread to find all my posts
    Left click on your user name in any thread and select "View Forum Posts".

  3. #103

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blow View Post
    Left click on your user name in any thread and select "View Forum Posts".
    Hi Joe,

    That lists all posts from all threads,

    I was after a list of all the posts from a single thread.

  4. #104

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tysonboss1 View Post
    Hi Joe,

    That lists all posts from all threads,

    I was after a list of all the posts from a single thread.
    Apologies, I misunderstood.

    Click on the number of replies in the thread (located right above the thread views) and a box will pop up listing who has posted in the thread and how many posts they have made. Then simply click on the number of posts next to your user name and you will see a list of all your posts in that thread.

    Hope that helps.

  5. #105

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    How do i post you tube videos embedded???
    Thanks in advance

  6. #106

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quadfin View Post
    How do i post you tube videos embedded???
    Thanks in advance
    To embed a video, simply click on the "Insert Video" icon, which is the fifth icon from the right, just above the text editing area (see attachment), and copy and paste the URL of the video into the box that pops up.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe Blow; 17th-December-2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Correction... D'oh!

  7. #107

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Hi Joe.

    A friend of mine whom uses prepaid mobile internet wants to register but only has a gmail account.

    Are you able to point me to a thread/instructions detailing the steps he may follow in order to register and avail himself of this wonderful community.

    Thanks in advance.

    P.S. I did notice that a similar question was raised on the ABC thread and I tried to trace the answer rather than asking for its regurgitation , but sadly my tech skills failed me on this occasion.

  8. #108

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    A friend of mine whom uses prepaid mobile internet wants to register but only has a gmail account.

    Are you able to point me to a thread/instructions detailing the steps he may follow in order to register and avail himself of this wonderful community.
    Hi cynic,

    Many thanks for the kind words!

    Please tell your friend to contact me via the "Contact Us" link the bottom of the page and I will get them registered.

  9. #109

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to post a spread sheet/table to a thread, please?
    "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.

  10. #110

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nulla nulla View Post
    Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to post a spread sheet/table to a thread, please?
    Nulla, if you would like to create a table in a post the new post editor offers this function. Just click on the "Table" icon, which is the one on the far left of the bottom row. You will then be prompted to enter the table properties.

    Let me know if you need any further help.

  11. #111

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Thanks Joe that was quick, I'll print off a spread sheet then have a go at the table set up.
    Last edited by nulla nulla; 16th-June-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: correct spelling of "off" before spelling police got to me. :)
    "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.

  12. #112

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Hi Joe

    I need you to delete my last post on the IOF thread which is the incomplete table. By the time I worked out how to do it (inputting data then saving/editing until I worked it out) the thread timed out before I corrected the last save and finished inputting the data.

    I should be able to re-enter the data in one go now.

    Also, is there any way of transferring data in from a spread sheet?
    "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.

  13. #113

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nulla nulla View Post
    Hi Joe

    I need you to delete my last post on the IOF thread which is the incomplete table. By the time I worked out how to do it (inputting data then saving/editing until I worked it out) the thread timed out before I corrected the last save and finished inputting the data.

    I should be able to re-enter the data in one go now.
    Deleted.

    Quote Originally Posted by nulla nulla View Post
    Also, is there any way of transferring data in from a spread sheet?
    Not that I'm aware of. Maybe give cutting and pasting it in a try and see if that works.

  14. #114

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blow View Post
    Deleted.



    Not that I'm aware of. Maybe give cutting and pasting it in a try and see if that works.
    I opened another thread, looked at the table structure and will try setting it up in word, then cutting and pasting. Should be able to quickly edit any errors then if I get it wrong.

    Thanks Joe
    "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.

  15. #115

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Hi Joe

    Is it possible to post a "pdf" document as a table?

    regards

    nulla
    "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.

  16. #116

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nulla nulla View Post
    Hi Joe

    Is it possible to post a "pdf" document as a table?

    regards

    nulla
    Hi Nulla,

    As far as I'm aware this is not possible.

    You can either attach the PDF document to your post or use the "Table" feature in the text editor and enter the data yourself manually.

  17. #117

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Joe, how do I remove my old charts from the 'manage attachments' page please?

  18. #118

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringotts Bank View Post
    Joe, how do I remove my old charts from the 'manage attachments' page please?
    Hi GB,

    Sorry for the delay in replying.

    If you have attached the charts to posts they are unable to be deleted. The only attachments that can be removed from the Attachment Manager are ones that have not been used, and I believe these are removed automatically if they are no utilised fairly soon after being uploaded.

  19. #119

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blow View Post
    Hi GB,

    Sorry for the delay in replying.

    If you have attached the charts to posts they are unable to be deleted. The only attachments that can be removed from the Attachment Manager are ones that have not been used, and I believe these are removed automatically if they are no utilised fairly soon after being uploaded.
    Thanks mate. It's just that I have to wait for old thumbnails to load each time I want add a new chart. Bit slow on the laptop.

  20. #120

    Default Re: ASF 'How do I do it?' thread

    Table Settings:

    This is simply a test of different parameters in the "Insert Table" option.

    Rows: 19, Columns: 2, Width: 500, Table Style: No Borders, Alignment: Not Set

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%



    Rows: 19, Columns: 2, Width: 500, Table Style: Outer Borders, Alignment: Left

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%



    Rows: 19, Columns: 2, Width: 500, Table Style: Full Grid, Alignment: Centre

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%



    Rows: 19, Columns: 2, Width: 500, Table Style: Outer Borders, Alignment: Right

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%



    Rows: 19, Columns: 2, Width: 250, Table Style: No Borders, Alignment: Not Set

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%

    And the same thing without the headers:

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%

    SYD
    Date: 05-Apr-13
    Closing Price 3.28
    Issued Shares 1,861,210,782
    Capital 6,104,771,365
    Earnings $ 0.1827
    ROE 5.57%
    Dist $ 0.21
    Yield % 6.40%
    P/E 17.95
    NTA $ 3.55
    Discount to NTA 7.61%
    Last edited by nulla nulla; 7th-April-2013 at 07:16 AM.
    "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.

Similar Threads

  1. ASF User Name Changes
    By Joe Blow in forum Announcements and Site News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11th-November-2014, 01:20 AM
  2. ASF Travel Photos
    By Joe Blow in forum General Chat
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 27th-March-2014, 10:45 AM
  3. ASF Site Login Security Warning..!!
    By bullmarket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 13th-December-2008, 10:04 AM
  4. Some changes coming to ASF
    By Joe Blow in forum Announcements and Site News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 22nd-April-2008, 06:50 PM
  5. Thread rating has been enabled!
    By Joe Blow in forum Announcements and Site News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 31st-January-2008, 01:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Aussie Stock Forums